Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Life Secrets

Posted by kayjones (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 5, 03 at 11:04

I feel compelled to share some guidelines/words of wisdom from a noted speaker, which make a LOT of sense:

1) When WRONG people leave your life, wrong things stop happening.
2) HE blesses you by bringing someone SPECIAL into your life and removes the BAD ones from your life.
3) Your success in a situation is determined by what you are willing to ignore.
4) WHERE you are matters as much as WHAT your are - GEOGRAPHY matters.
5) WHAT grows in you is determined by what is AROUND you.
6) What you SEE determines what you are willing to change.
7) ATTITUDE takes you further than I.Q.
8)Something in YOUR hand will create ANYTHING you want in the future.
9) It only takes ONE person to bring you from the prison to the PALACE.
10) If HE brings you to it, HE will see you through it.

I have a copy of this above my desk, and almost have it memorized. I hope others can get some comfort from it as I do. If you have anything to add to this list, please submit it. We have new members who may be hurting, blaming themselves or just needing some wise words, so let's keep this thread at the top!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Life Secrets

11) Dwelling on the past accomplishes nothing...it's natural for us to do, because it's real. One should not forget past experiences, but look at them as just that. A learning experience. To ponder the future is so much more exciting.

o
Another good one

Here's on that I found inspiring years ago when I was going through my divorce

Rules For Being Human

1. You will receive a body.

You may like it or hate it, but it will be yours for the entire period of this time around.

2. You will learn lessons.

You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called Life. Each day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lessons or think them irrelevant and stupid.

3. There are no mistakes, only lessons.

Growth is a process of trial and error: Experimentation. The "failed" experiments are as much as part of the process as the experiment that ultimately "works."

4. A lesson is repeated until learned.

A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can then go on to the next lesson.

5. Learning lessons does not end.

There is no part of life that does not contain its lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.

6. "There" is no better than "here."

When your "there" has become a "here," you will simply obtain another "there" that will again look better than "here."

7. Others are merely mirrors of you.

You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects something you love or hate about yourself.

8. What you make of your life is up to you.

You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.

9. Your answers lie inside you.

The answers to Life's questions lie inside you. All you need to do is look, listen and trust.

10. You will forget all this.

o

Tinmantu, I made a copy to put by the one I already have on the wall - good ones you presented! I DO have to ask: What exactly are you pondering regarding your future?! Come on - you can tell us! I would venture to guess/bet your ponderer works very well!

o

My "ponderer" works just fine, thank you..... heh....I hate to foretell the future because it tends to comeback and bite you in the butt when you plan on things...let's just say that it's looking pretty bright

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here