SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lpinkmountain

singles scence at the grocery store?

lpinkmountain
19 years ago

On four different TV comedy shows I have heard references to supermarkets being hot spots to pickup women/men and I also read it in two books on dating and meeting people.

However, when I go to the supermarket I really have shopping on my mind and it seems to me that most of the people there are doing the same. I want to get in there and get out as quickly as possible. Also, no one ever strikes up a conversation with me if I don't know them. I certainly don't observe people flirting over the frozen foods! Even today, a man was very nice to me and let me ahead of him in the express line, (I ran in quickly and didn't get a cart so I was dropping my items left and right), and that was so uncharacteristic of the way most people treat you, I wondered if he was trying to flirt with me, but I really think he was simply being considerate.

So how did this myth get started? I think it is very funny, (as in peculiar). Have you ever seen people flirting in the grocery store or struck up an acquaintance with anyone you met there?

I dread grocery shopping, the noise, the crowds, the money, the decisions, the time . . .

Comments (31)

Sponsored
Closet America
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars133 Reviews
Northern Virginia, Baltimore & DC Metro's Closet Organization Company