Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Friday Night Rant 10/26/07

Posted by tinmantu (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 26, 07 at 21:25

Hi all...not really a rant, just some thoughts that have run through my mind. I honestly never thought I'd come back around here after my "exile", but I am glad that Jo(aka kayjones) encouraged me to try. I have missed many of you. What I have found is that you can leave a situation and feel like you can move on without regrets, but it's not always true. You still look back and wish things were like they were before. Nothing ever stays the same. (Get used to it)..Time is a reminder to make todays experiences a happy memory of tomorrow and move on to the next day. Looking back on some old threads, I have a lot of memories and I thank my friends here for those.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Friday Night Rant

But since I have started a rant thread, I will bring a bit of personal peeves in here since I am sipping on a shot of Baileys Irish Cream and Crown Royal....My daughter is driving me crazy with her upcoming wedding plans....I have no problem with plans, I just want SET plans....first it's a church wedding (expensive for dad, but I'd deal with it)... then it was in a small chapel with a dinner for just family and a pub crawl afterwards....now she wants a church wedding again with a dance....just shoot me...I have been training for weeks for this pub crawl so I can keep up...now all for nothing....grrrr

o
RE: Friday Night Rant 10/26/07

Wrote a message. Lost it. So glad to see you.

o

Michael, think back a few years - remember, reflect and then relax. You made it through back then, even though the odds were against you, and you will do it again.

Your little girl is all grown up now - relinquish yourself to the idea that she 'thinks' another man is her main man now - you are just the one she will come to when she's unhappy - you are STILL her MAIN MAN!

o

Oh I know Jo....I can't complain about her other than the flip flopping is getting to me...and yes she is much better today than she was as a teenager....she is the apple of my eye.

o
RE: rant

P.S. A Splash of Baileys in a cup of coffee on a weekend morning on the weekend works with any brand of coffee.

o

A final thought for the night, since I've been watching horror movies and getting smashed I got distracted...are there any other people that just keep things so deep inside of them and really just need an avenue to blow off some steam?...This is the place and luckers are welcome to join in...btw, a thread is coming that is calling out all lurkers part II....off to dreamland now. Nite Folks.

o

No, Mike, I'm pretty straight forward. I wear my heart squarely on my sleeve along with all my existential angst!

o

Hi Eileen...I used to be like that but I guess I got burned a few times and it's hardened me. Wish that it hadn't, but it has.

o

Hi, all. What does this evening find you doing? I could go off on a rant about my 17-yr. old stepson, but you have all heard this choir before, so I won't. I just can't imagine we were ever like the teenagers of this day and age!

My evening will find me doing absolutely nothing! I like to be busy, but everyone I normally do stuff with is out with their significant other doing cool stuff.

o

I am invited to a Halloween party. My fledgling relationship ended abruptly a few weeks ago. So I'm happy to have something to do.

o

I snatched up an invitation to Red Lobster with family... Now it's home alone with the woof... watching a little baseball.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here