Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does this forum have a life?

Posted by puddlejumper (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 31, 03 at 16:49

One last time - is there anybody out there?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does this forum have a life?

I'm here - Barbara - Tampa - 40 - single, no kids... how can we get this moving?

o

Post a juicy topic, a controversial topic or a funny topic, then go to either the marriage forum or the kitchen table and post a link to your topic. If it's juicy or controversial or funny enough, people will respond. Why don't we try it for the next week and see what happens?

o

I hate to be blasphemous, but I think we have another
resurrection on our hands.....WAY TO GO!!!....Yesssssss

o

to add an addendum, in caee I upset the big guy, if I get sent to hell, my only regrets will be that the beer is going to be rather warm fo my taste

o

Warm beer? Not a chance.

I'm glad to see that the forum is moving again.

I'm here, Puddlejumper from Atlanta.

o

OK - What happened? We were on a roll, discussing our disfunctional lives and POOF - this forum fell flat on it's face again. Can we do something to resurrect romance, it's dilemmas and get this this forum back up on it's feet again? Who will be first to post a new and exciting topic, or add to an existing topic?

o

Frankly, Kay, you scared me off. I think I'll stick to topics other than my screwed up SO-less, "enabling," unhappy, unavailable singlehood.

Ciao!

o

You scare easily don't you? I'd rather suggest that I touched a sensitive nerve in you unconventional arrangement. I was merely asking you to do some soul-searching. Hey, if you are happy, I am happy. I guess I didn't think about the fact that everything is done differently out west. I will miss your input as I am sure others will. When you get over yourself, come on back. If you REALLY want to hear my opinion, email me. This isn't the place to get your nose out of joint - it ruins it for the rest of us who value the perspectives of others. Take care! Aloha

o

Browntoes, I hope you will reconsider....I think you are an asset to this board....I also surf sports bulletin boards and trust me.. there, one learns to grow thick skin very fast...just stand by your beliefs and don't worry about judgement from someone that doesn't know you and come on back if you so choose...no one is out to beat you up here, just to understand and offer their thoughts.
If we chose to not converse because we couldn't handle others questions and critique on how we do things, then these boards would serve of no purpose except to be patting each other on the back.....it would get extremely boring after a while, trust me...I hope you change your mind

o

I was sitting here wondering - where IS everyone? We have some exciting and interesting topics to discuss - this could be tons of fun - getting to know each other - if participants would add to the discussions. Maybe we could each pick up an earlier discussion, bring it to the top, and add some new thoughts or insight. What do YOU think?

o

It has gotten a little quiet again....where's browntoes to get me riled up and start ranting again when I need her...heh.....maybe people are still recovering from the long weekend....I know my time has been occupied a bit lately

o

Kansas City checking in here - how about everyone picking a thread and responding/renewing it? It's fun to re-digest and re-discuss old threads, adding new thoughts and ideas. I have done some - who will be next - to resurrect an old thread by posting some new and provocative words of wisdom?

o

Of course this board has a life.....as long as I keep babbling on here...I'll talk to myself if I have to!.. ;)
Western Kansas clocking in.

o

What if we talked about normal day to day things? Not just dating, finding a new partner etc.

Borrowed from the "Kitchen Table", its called "Post it here" or a variation, So how was your day? You can talk about the weather, the boss, the job, whatever?

I am more comfortable with these topics and it is very much part of my life to share, exchange, and ask advice?

o

Good point, Walksalone....anything to stimulate conversation at this time is better than silence...It's snowing like crazy here today and I maimed myself, so I get the day off tomorrow....can't complain too much about my boss as he treats me well...nothing like being appreciated

o
But to add

being the lone male that seems to post on this board it's a little harder to come up with thread ideas that will bring replies of everyday life...come on ladies, speak up, I'll be able to come up with something to say.

o

Michael, you did WHAT? You had better spill it - what HAPPENED?

o

Nothing serious, Kay....you'd be the first to know if it was too bad

o

Well people - Michael ran a screwdriver completely thru his hand! Oiy - MEN - they are a danger to themselves and cause heart problems with women - he's going to be fine - just scared the dowaditty outta this woman.

o
RE: Does this forum have a life???

Ouch, Micheal!!!

Not only men...I once went to the ER....and they had a good time with calling me... "She who plays with saws!" LOL.

o

It's got to be bad before I do ER, Walksalone...though a saw injury would prompt it...I tell my co-workers to take me to a vet' if I get hurt :) ...I broke the cardinal rule that I try to live by....always ask ones self "how can I hurt myself doing this?"...I am very good at that with power tools but it's easy to get careless when you are using a simple screwdriver...a lesson learned....sorry about any heart problems I may have caused, Kay...I'll call you next time instead of letting you see it on a BB first....it was just no big deal to me, so it wasn't an issue that I thought about when I posted it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here