SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carla35_gw

Green Card?

carla35
16 years ago

Hi,

I'm married so I don't generally don't post here, but I have a question for you all.

I have a guy friend who for the last few years has been experiencing some bad health problems, so in the prime of his life is struggling with not having a girlfriend and maybe never being able to get his ideal type of girl. He just recently told me has been chatting with a Phillipino girl online. He has met her once before over a year ago and was planning to see her again. Anyway, at first I was happy for him, thinking he found a girlfriend, but then I put two and two together and wondered if maybe she was only interested in him because of his US status. I think this guy normally would figure this out, but because of his current state of mind (he also suffers from severe depression), I think he's probably quite desperate and not really thinking rationally. He just doesn't seem like the type of guy that would prefer a mail order type bride.

I just feel bad for him, if on top of all his other problems, he ends up seriously involved with this girl who may not really be interested in him. Should I talk to him about it or just mind my own business and stay out of it? Maybe he knows but doesn't care? Do you think there's a chance this girl really does like him and isn't in it just for the green card? Are girls in the Philippines known for doing this kind of thing?

Thanks in advance for your opinions and comments.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor