Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Re: TINMANTU

Posted by kayjones (plant_lady2@hotmail.com) on
Thu, Oct 18, 07 at 9:28

Hi, everyone - I just got an email (in response to one I sent him) from Mike aka TINMANTU, and he states he is doing well and says "HELLO!".

He further states he was blocked from posting here on GW, has asked to be reinstated, and has heard back from no one. Feel free to email him by clicking on his name.

He's very happy to announce that he's Grandpa to a darling 2-year old. CONGRATULATIONS, MICHAEL and KC!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Re: TINMANTU

What a pleasant surprise to see your post. I miss his posts.

Thanks,
Barbara

o

Send him an email and let him know. I think he'd like that.

o

I heard a rumor he's still alive, but I'll believe it when I see it.

o
RE: Re: Re: TINMANTU

Thank you Kay for encouraging me providing me with a link tha I may never have found and thanks to Tamara from IVillage for understanding. Nice to be back. I still recognize a few old friends here and happy to make new aquaintences. (P.S....old friends is relevant...I'm an old man now, but still feel pretty dang young :) )

o

Welcome back!

o

Welcome back indeed! I hadn't gotten around to emailing you, but it's all moot now.

So, tell us - how have you been?

Barbara

Thank you Tamara too!

o

Oh you all know the routine....Work hard Monday thru Friday and find a way to play on the weekends. I get to see my grand-daughter about once a month and she keeps me in line. Still living the single life. Saw your other post about "your guy" Barb...Smiling to see that you two are still going on and you look very happy.

Kay, I still need to read up on what's been happening with you as I know it's been trying. I have been so swamped at work, I am lucky to even check emails. I really feel for your loss. You are a wonderful woman and I hate to see any friend of mine suffer any pain. I'll be looking in, maybe no more friday night rants but we'll see. I'll keep them pg rated if I do...heh.

o
He's Baaa-aaack!

Your audience awaits your comments!

o

Welcome back!!

I'm a newby - past few months, but I've read the rants and 'bout laughed my you-know-what off!! After reading, I was hoping you would be back. Now I've had the pleasure of "meeting" you. Please stay!!

gng

o

Welcome back! I just stay far away from the Kitchen Table Forum these days.

Eileen

o

Why Eileen?

o

Why am I Eileen? That's my name. Why do I stay away from the KT? I just should... I call it the "Short Attention Spam" forum. Honestly, maybe it's different now but a few years back it was very cliquish. I haven't popped over in ages.

o

I know Eileen is your name! Silly. The KT used to be very cliquish... it's a little better now - but I mostly read rather than post.

I prefer the quiet of this board.
Barbara

o

Nice to see you here Eileen! Almost feels like a reunion with old friends ,on my part anyway.... Still need Walks and few others to show up and give me a hard time ...maybe a litter box thread will get up her ire to appear...heh...nah, my cat ran away and I don't have to do that anymore, but I'll save that rant for an absolut night. And Welcome gneegirl! Always nice to meet new people. There a lot of very fine people here, it's just a matter of finding a way to get them out of lurkdom.

o

<<<<< wink >>>>>

o

Thanks tinmantu!! Hi there walksalone. I try to check in each day, to at least see how everyone is doing. I just started having problems with Explorer and until that is fixed, I'm limited to when it will work. Hate when that happens - last time I had to buy another computer!! It was cheaper to do that than get the darn thing fixed. oh well... Thanks again. gng

o

Well look what the cat dragged in! :) ....Nice to see you back Walks, always enjoyed our repartee.....See gneegirl, sometimes you just have to find a way to bring them out.

o

Kneegirl, ask Tinmantu to help you with computer issues - he's a genius!

o
RE: Re: Re: TINMANTU

heh....I USED to be a whiz on these computers, but since WindowsME, microsoft has taken away the msdos hacking from me. Or at least the desire to learn more about how to do it. There are are a lot of helpful people on the computer forum here that are head and shoulders above myself. Now if you want your furnace or a/c fixed, I might be able to help...haha

o

It's the dogs. Call me out. I am still waiting at midnight, guns drawn, we never finished. Love Ya.

o
re: tinmantu

ohhhh...guns drawn....I thought it was a guns at dawn...no wonder you didn't show up, you were sleeping in.

o

Michael, computers - women - kids - you can fix 'em all, if I remember right!

o

computers and kids I think I have figured out....women, I'm still working on ;)

o

Thanks all for the computer posts. The problem I'm having now is with Explorer kicking me off everytime I leave a sight. I've checked the troublehsoot sites and so far nothing addressed my specific problem. HOWEVER, I did see something that described a similar problem. There's a "fix" for it but I'm a little afraid to mess with it since I don't know what the heck it was talking about!!!!! The last time this happened, it was a memory problem. I should have that problem now though. I'm going to play around with it tomorrow when I'm a little more alert. Fingers crossed here - this is a royal pain!!!

Have a good one...

o

hope this isn't against site rules, but maybe download opera browser, gneegirl...not saying it's the best, but I haven't used explorer in ages. Also find a good spyware program. (I use spybot,myself) There is no rule that you can't have IE, Opera and Firefox on your computer at the same time. I have to use firefox for my online banking but otherwise use Opera.

o

Thanks timantu - love that name; it's kinda fun!!I hope it's not against the rules because at this point, I NEED HELP WITH THIS ONE!! Plus, we want to keep you around!!I was thinking about Firefox, but don't know about Opera. I'm going to try something new though - having too many problems with the instability of Explorer. I read a lot of posts here of people enjoying life w/o Explorer. I just might join them. Plus I might get rid of that candy worn out pop-up on Kitchens!!Thanks again - have a great weekend (planning your daughter's wedding!) See ya,gng

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here