Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What I've learned, since I have pitched camp here

Posted by Tinmantu (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 30, 03 at 23:18

That I am not the only person that is carrying battle scars(even though there were moments where I thought I was unique) that have made me leary of getting into another relationship....it makes this site, that much more important because if we can't talk here, then where do we?...browntoes, I know we got off on the wrong foot, (pun intended) but you did good, by getting things going....now lets keep it going, folks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What I've learned, since I have pitched camp here

I agree - most all of us have baggage and scars from former relationships, and for we "oldies", we either remain alone or take chances and get more scars. Where do older women and men go to meet honest and descent men?

o

You two are right - we all are carrying scars - mine need time to heal. This is so cliche, but I'm just trying to figure out who I am and what I want to do.

I know there are plenty of decent men out there because I've known so many. Don't give up Kay. Stay open to the possibilities!

o

Since this thread was started, I have found the salve for my wounds/battle scars, and I am skinny-dipping in it daily!!!

o

Is it all right to list my accomplishments? I'm hesitant to do that because I don't want to be obnoxious and brag. How about I just say that I surprised myself and I feel good!

o

by all means, puddlejumper....speak up....one can tell bragging from gushing with happiness

o

Puddlejumper, PLEASE - I love an accomplished person. Tell us whatever you care to share - we will be proud as punch that someone in our little group had done themselves proud! You just might be my next inspiration! Feel free to gush OR brag. If I had any great accomplishments in MY life other than my kids, I would surely tell you about them, given the opportunity! I can't play music, except on the stereo,can't sing, can't swim, can't run a company, but MAN, I CAN dance!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here