o
Is this forum alive at all anymore?

Posted by berain (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 7, 04 at 16:51

Needs CPR.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this forum alive at all anymore?

Yes, berain -- I'm here. This forum is *really* hard to find. Has anyone ever searched on it? I found it by accident and then couldn't get back to it. You have to click on the Home Site first, and *then* look in the alphabetical listing. Anyway, I had rememberd the handle, "bunnyman" and found him. Michael was kind enough to help me find it again.

So. Berain -- (in case we're the only ones here) what'd you do for the Labor Day holiday? And why are you in need of CPR? Too much partyin' yesterday?

o

Hey Barb: I think we're the only ones who visit here these days. So what's going on in your life these days?

I live out west in a valley surrounded by the Rocky Mountains. This time of year is beautiful here. I do a lot of bird watching, and this year the hummers are everywhere, storing up much energy for their non-stop flight across the Gulf of Mexico for the winter. I live near the mouth of a huge canyon, and try to walk on the trails there as much as possible. Would you believe it's already into autumn? The maple trees are just brilliant gold, orange, and red, and the scrub oaks will be deep burgundy before another few weeks.

During the next three weeks I will (I hope) move six huge Bridal Wreath shrubs, completely dig up the back border, and put a layer of mulch around most everything I put back. In one border the blackberry I had dug up and removed has re-appeared -- in five places yet!!! And in another, wild thistle is coming up everywhere. I can't use Roundup there because it's impossible to do so without hitting the perennials.

Are you safe from Ivan? Did Frances get your area? I wonder if global warming isn't bringing us so many bad storms.

I'm leaving for most of today, but will be back maybe later or tomorrow. Hope you (and anyone else who *might* be here) have a lovely weekend.

Carolyn

o

Life is currently consumed by hurricanes!!! So sick of them!

Other than that - it's all about work and taking care of Mom. I do have a great guy - in Denver. We're trying that long distance thing for now. It's difficult. Thank goodness for cell phones!

I have a plan "B" for Ivan - but we're hoping that we don't have to use it. Frances was enough to deal with. I'm fortunate that we are in a newer home - made to current hurricane standards and our subdivision has smaller trees. Stocked up on water, batteries and foods. Some houses are boarded up - but I couldn't begin to do that myself. My office got a lot of flooding from Frances - and Ivan will probably do the same. My firm actually expects me to go to work on Monday - ha! The schools are already closed - as are the courts and other government offices.

How is your weekend so far? Anyone else want to chime in?

Barbara

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here