Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
53 & newly single in KCMO area

Posted by kayjones (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 23, 03 at 15:44

After16 years as 'friend and foe' and after a turbulant last two years, with my ex-manfriend, I am alone. He met a nurse in a 'singles' yahoo group, and it put the icing on the proverbial cake. Ours was one of those 'live-together' relationships that was 'wrong' from the git-go. I am a smart lady - what WAS I thinking? I know I deserve better, but 'love' can be the cause of 'dumb' mistakes. I will give more details if anyone is in my area and would like to chit-chat. I am now going thru the mourning and 'lonely' stage and just need to talk to someone who isn't mad and yelling and judging me!!! I hope to get emails from those of you near me in eastern Kansas City. I 'lost' my computer (his) when I left, so I have my computer at work to use until I can get another for personal use. I WILL respond to those who email me to chat or offer advise on being newly 'single'. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 53 & newly single in KCMO area

Sorry to hear that your relationship ended in a singles chatroom, Kay....unfortunately, I think there are a lot of people out there that have had that happen, or have yet to realize that it's happening to them....beware, if and when he realizes that the grass isn't necessarily greener on the other side and comes back...once bitten, twice shy

o

AMEN, and not to worry - he made his bed, now let him lay in it! At this writing, he is calling and asking such deep questions as: "How did you make that corned beef and cabbage" or "How long should I bake your chicken and rice casserole?" WHAT - Petunia can't cook? Well, shoot! "By the way, I say, WHERE is Petunia?" Does she know you are calling me? LOL He says, "She doesn't have to know everything." To which I say, "Well, if you keep calling me, I will tell her!" He didn't call for two weeks after that comment, and then he called again, to say he 'just wanted to hear my voice' - ya, right - read that to say 'are you doing anything fun, 'cause I'm not - Petunia went bar hopping with her friends'! Since I have meet a new friend which I spend all my evenings with, he can't get to me - gets a busy signal for HOURS - LOL Aren't paybacks hell????

o

Kay,

Do I understand this right -- you have a new "friend"?? Would this, by chance, be a male "friend"?? LOL!! OK, 'fess up -- inquiring (and nosy!!) minds want to know.

o

Janet, I think there's a little intrigue happening on this here board. :)

o

Now ladies - your 'inquiring' minds are working over time, are they not? If I am spending all my evenings with someone, you can bet it's not a woman! How do you suppose this man can cause so much churning in my loins? There may be a "BLESSING" happening in my life - stay tuned as the plot thickens. Keep those eyes and ears open, write down the clues, and let me know when you have the mystery guy figured out. OHHHHH, I am having SO MUCH FUN!

o
Hmmmm....

kayjones, I think I've had the mystery man figured out for some time now. But I've been wrong before.

o

"Churning in my loins" and "BLESSING"??!!! OMG, I'm not even going to go there!!

o

Do I sense jealousy in you gals?

Tinman, I think it's only fair that you set this straight - give us the details of your new lady friend - is she pretty and witty and shy? Is she intelligent and funny and informative?
You are among friends here, and we women want to know the important details - romance is so much fun.

I will await your 'bean-spilling'!

o

She's very intelligent and makes me smile whenever I am around her....a very good beginning for a relationship, if you ask me

o

Nope, no jealousy here. My guy creates plenty of churning.

Interesting that you and Tinman stumbled onto romance at the same time. So, have you each met your respective flames face-to-face or are we still in the "talking on the phone" stage?

o

Jealous? No. Intrigued, yes.

I met a new potential on Sunday after "meeting" Online a couple of weeks ago. I'm very hopeful that I'll be joining your ranks in happiness soon. It was a very fine (and long) first date!

o

Good luck Carrie -- that's exactly how my relationship started out!! Just take it one day at a time, use your gut instinct and be careful.

o

As for me, no I haven't met him face-to-face - pictures work for now. I plan to invite him on a trip to Florida, in April, if things progress as I suspect they might. Right now, mine is in the 'becoming friends' stage, via MSN instant messaging and long phone conversations. I need to do a lot more healing before I get into a one-on-one relationship with someone, to be fair to both of us. If he is willing to wait until I get it together, ok - if not, I understand. He is by FAR the most intellectual PERSON I have met in a LONG time - educated, articulate, funny, kind, considerate of what I am going thru, listens to my ramblings, adds comments when appropriate and he's damned good looking! I will keep you posted as things progress!

o

The main thing Carrie is to take the time to get to know the person AS a person before you give your heart....once you know that his intentions are true, then start to let loose and you'll be surprised what can come out of it.

o

Now you claim being married for 20 years ,yet, admonish someone for "living together." and being left without benefits. It would have been better to cite your experience.

o

Hey there - you guys made me have to read this one over and over, and over again, and again!! I think I see the tunnel, but I still think I'm in the woods!! I'll do a another dbl take when I'm fresh in the morning. Jo - I really thought you were up to your ole tricks pulling a good one. But geez, sounds like this one is real! A giant leap might work - FL trip is a great start. Just keep the churning thing going easy - curdled milk don't make good ice cream - LOL. Yippee for you!! BTW, I like the mystery man story.

Hi Mike - glad to know you are smiling!!

Carrie - way to go; hope you enjoy this. That's what it's all about.

o

Mary - look again - my post was from 2003! I am not up to any 'ole tricks' - I am widowed (2007), single, and intend to stay that way. My only focus is my stepson and my 2 grandsons - no romantic relationship for me!!!!

I'm as happy as a hog in slop right now, except that I miss my husband like crazy EVERY DAY - life was much better for me, with him in it. We had as many 'bad' times as good, it seems, as I look back, but I would have him back with me in a heartbeat if I could - I didn't realize just how much he meant to me!

o

Jo - that is tooooo funny! I knew the dates weren't quite right and I knew that I'd seen some of the posts before. That's whay I kept saying I'd have to re-look after having some sleep. Well, either way, I'm glad you are happy - except for missing hubby! But I'm sure he knew and still knows he is loved. Much luv to ya - gng...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here