SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joulesr4me

not dead yet --- free time (for Wings2W)

joulesR4me
19 years ago

I hate that this forum isn't more busy. I signed up for paid membership just to participate in this one and, after posting a few times felt like I was just whinning (which I hate). I did get a lot of useful info on the (controversial) discussion about living together vs marriage though! I still check the postings daily, but notice little activity - I'll try harder to think of something constructive to talk about and try to help keep this alive!!!

Anyways ..... about Wings question (on a separate post) about what we do during our free time .... I don't feel like I have much free time. I've been single for about 7 years and have spent much of that time trying to change my routines! The two newest endeavours in my life take up a huge part of my "free" time are going to the gym and going to school. I decided that my engineering job isn't really a passion - medicine is! I am now taking pre-requisite courses in hopes of getting into a Physicians Assistance program. I don't know if I'll ever achieve it, but going back to school is GREAT! I am the oldest gal in the classes, but being around the "kids" has given me such energy. And learning something entirely new (actually using my brain) is so exciting. Though it's been hard to find the time to get to class (8hrs/week) and to study, I've pushed myself.

And, with my new-found energy, I have started going back to the gym. I've always hated (and had great anxiety about)the gym, I'm learning to use it as a real escape. I put on my headphones, convince myself that "no one is looking at me", then head for the treadmill. I had hired a personal trainer to help me with the weights, so now I'm more confident in that area too.

Before I go to bed, I try to get my chores done. Clean a room, do laundry, grocery shop, etc. That way, on the weekends I can spend time with my dogs (trail hiking or just playing around) and my friends (having lunch, catching a movie, doing some shopping, etc).

Hope this gives you some ideas. It took me about a year of being single before I found activities that consumed all my "free time". Unfortunately, the first couple years were spent shopping - this filled my time, but devoured my savings. Oh well .....

Comments (4)

Sponsored
VA's Foremost Professional Roofing & Siding Craftsmen