Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How was your Sunday? the 23rd?

Posted by lcw1947 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 24, 07 at 8:47

Mine was kind of busy and then not busy. I went to church and came home to a mesg on my ans. machine that one sister was unable to work to take out her flower garden. We had made plans, my brother in law was going to bring his brush hog over. I called to see what was up, she wasn't feeling well and he had already done it.

So my other sister has the same wild flower garden. And the brush hog was over there by then. So I drove on over and they were all having coffee under her pergalo. wow is that thing ever nice. The had put up the T-111 that morning and it was ready for the paint, but they didn't have any primer to start it.

So went on home and lazyed away the rest of the day... Well headed that way, but turned at the foot of her road and went over to my third sisters house to see how the cupboards looked. I had polyed the counter tops and of course that makes every thing else look dull. Her son followed me in there on Sat, with his pail of poly unbeknownst to me or to her. So we got it all done is jig time... She herself suffers poor health and was unable to do it.

that was my day.. how was yours? Sat. was my sister's birthday so I road with one of them on down to the city and her son, his wife and daughter, his mother in law, Three of my sisters, two husbands and myself, we all went Dutch on the meal. they had an ice cream cake. Wow, did I ever eat too much.. Had I known there was the cake, I might have skipped that last piece of pizza..

Linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How was your Sunday? the 23rd?

Hey there Linda! I confess, Sunday's are football days for me. One problem though - I'm usually alone so when I yell, I hear an echo. The weekend was so beautiful here that I enjoyed it even though my team lost. Oh well...

Other than that, not much happening. I'm so stessed with kitchen redo woes that I really tried to veg out for most of the day. I did help out a friend though. The company where he works just laid off a whole bunch of folks. He was one of them - after 20yrs!! I did a resume for him and did some job searches. Felt good about that - he's a good guy and deserves a break on this one. That's about how my day went. Monday I went to look at more granite at lunchtime - still nothing.

BTW, one extra situp for you for eating all that pizza and cake!!

o

Hey gng - who's your team of choice?

Barbara

o

I'm a native Washingtonian!!!

But, I love the Eagles, and hope they can keep it together. I do like New England but don't want to. Dallas, well, you know that story. However, the new rivalry might end up being between Washington and Phila!!

Where do you put your "money"????

o

Hey - I'm from Tampa. I have to go for the Bucs. But they're 2-1 right now - far better than last year.

I'm originally from upstate NY so I also watch the Bills on ocassion.

For college - it's Syracuse or USF.

o

Oh YUK - As I was getting ready to write, I just heard on the news that someone stuffed down about 20lbs of grits to win a content!!! I love grits, but my gosh!!!

Anyway, before I was so interestingly interrupted, I guess I should say G0 Bills - lived in Rochester for 5 years. I also like Tampa. I guess if I don't have to root for the Cowboys, I'm OK. I didn't watch any games today - granite shopping. I did listen to the Eagles game - SAD!!!

Have a great week!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here