SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lcw1947

What kind of changes?

lcw1947
16 years ago

Thinking back over my life since my husband died (our 42nd anniversary in tomarrow) I remember how I longed to have someone in my life. I went to Match.com and to Yahoo Personals and even E-Harmony. No luck there. But you know what? Since then and in recent months, I realize that I am truely content living alone.

If someone were to enter my life, I'd have to share the remote to start with. I've have to cook more then I want to. And his stuff? Man alive, he's have to rent a space somewhere to put his things cause he sure isn't going to mess up my space with it.

I don't like change. I guess that is why I wanted someone in my life in the early years following the loss of my husband. So many people are so in love with the idea of being in love that they don't take the time to see who they are. It's taken a while for me to see that. I realize today, that I like who I am.

I like doing the things I want to do when I want to do them. Life is really good you know? As my mother says, "I enjoy living" so do I. No excitement in my life and I think I like it that way. I don't need constant tramma to make life interesting.

My family are my friends. I know a lot of people, although just because I know them doesn't make them my friends. I've found over the years, that friends in the work place are just that, friends in the work place. friends in a bar room are bar room buddies. Outside of those places, if you see them it's throwing your hand up and passing a few words. This does not friends make.

So I guess, no, I don't guess, I know that I am comfortable with myself. I don't really want someone in my life and the changes that would entail.

What about you? Are you ready to make room for another? Or are you truely content as you are?

Linda

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH