Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Searching for single women

Posted by coolvt (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 31, 07 at 22:49

Okay, I'm 64, good looking, in pretty good shape and pretty well set financially. I am in New England and spend some winter time in Florida. The Florida women want nothing to do with 8 or 9 months in New England and I haven't been able to find a good companion in the North. To be truthfull, many of the women that I meet are just too heavy for my liking. Sorry, that's just the way that I feel and I am not alone in that thought.
So, where are all the slim northern women? Oh, and I mean women who don't have a drinking problem or enjoy lighting up a "joint' to relax or have kids that they constantly have to bail out of messes. Am I being too fussy??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Searching for single women

No, you're not being too fussy! Post your picture and profile, stating what you want, on plentyoffish.com - it's a totally free site, and lots of good people there. Good luck!

o

Plentyoffish.com is bottom fishing! With free sites, you get what you pay for. Try a pay site that focuses on people who are serious about finding a partner. eharmony maybe.

o

I've got to tell you. I've been widowed now for five years. I've tried E-Harmony, Yahoo Personals and Match.com. You get bottom feeders on each one. You get trollers. You get those that are still married and 'having' fun. I've finally come to the realization that I'm guess it's me, that I'm simply not interested. I don't want to deal with someone that's been married three times, five times, seperated and living alone or with room mates? That's a kicker. Okay, okay, maybe I'm hard to please. I've had the best (married for 36 and a half years) and I'm not going to settle for less.

Everyone's got baggage, any one who says they don't, aren't real people or are socialpathic. laughing. If you've got a past, you've got baggage. Me? My baggage, you ask? I've got two kids with children of their own in other states. It matters to me that if I have a holiday or vacation, to go see them.

If someone doesn't have conversation other then sex in the first five minutes.. or even first email or third line in a yahoo message, guess what they are looking for. I'm not, one tells me that I'm a cold fish, something is the matter with me? Guess what folks, I know what my faults are and am the first to admit them. One fella that I talked to on E-Harmony got 'odd' in the first phone conversation. I sent an email saying I didn't want to continue. Then, E-Harmony sends me a letter that he has been taken off their list and no more emails from him. Not sure what happened, but he got caught. Some of them just slip thru the net.

One of the first things I want to know about someone is, are you on a twelve step program of any kind? What kind of drugs do you use. Drugs are not a part of my life and if that is someones recreation, you got it, I'm not interested. I don't want to deal with someone that has a drinking problem. No a couple of drinks to me do not constituted a problem, but if you have it for breakfast, yeah that should be a warning. If your looking for a home or a loan, again, keep on trucking. I've been told that my profile is scary in that hummmm, I 'tell it like it is'. No point in wasting your time or mine, if it's not going anywhere.

No, I don't care what your personal habits are as long as they don't affect me or my life. Darn good thing I'm happy to be 'alone'. I'm only as alone as I want to be. Too many things in life are fun, people are fun, just reading a good book is fun. I'm 60 years old and pretty set in my ways, guess what, I betcha that anyone over the age of 50 is pretty much set in their ways too. I'm not gonna try to change you, and hopefully no one is going to try to change me. I yam what I yam as Popeye used to say. What you see is what you get. No hidden agenda, no time line I'm trying to beat.

Mixed message, You think????? Well, one day I get up and wish like the dickens there was someone in my life, another day I get up and heave a gothic sigh of relief that I live alone and can do what and how I want. With out haveing to consider someone elses needs. If, I'm hungry I eat, if I'm not then I don't. If I want a bag of chips for dinner, that's what I have.

No Mr. Coolvt, I don't think your too fussy at all. Don't settle for less then what you really want. I've come to the realization that I'm really happy and content as I am. I don't "NEED" someone to justify who I am.

o

I've tried the dating sites and actually met some nice people, but none that I felt like spending the rest of my life with. I tried EHarmony and that was a joke. While I was on a free trial they were sending me 6-8 matches every day. I didn't realize that there were so many people who matched up with me:-) The funny thing is I dated a woman for close to a year and we both decided that ultimatly we just didn't fit together. EHarmony sent me her profile as my perfect match the 2nd day:-) So much for their great matching service. They want someone to join and pay the money. That's their goal.
It's pretty easy to find women to date, but if someone is thinking of something serious and permanent, then one gets a little fussier.

o

Be very careful. My neighbor and her daughter agressively hunt for men on dating sites. Well the daughter hooked one, quit her job, sold her care, moved to Texas, he sued her for divorce in 3 weeks. Seems he has been married 11 times before he met her.

o

Whoo Boy!! Stirred up a hornets nest with this one. My only comment is this. I would venture to guess that most of the women posting on this forum are single. Strike up a conversation with any and all and see where it leads. That's what you would have to do if you went to a bar to meet women and over a period of time you might get to know someone well enough to take it that extra step.

o

Pris, that's exactly what I said - look right under your nose - you can easily find someone if you check out resources related to your hobby or religion or such.

I don't think any one dating site is better than another. I think one just has to be astute enough to get to know someone before you jump off a bridge for them.

o

The real blind thing really doesn't work for me. I guess I am a typical guy...there has to be a visual attraction. That doesn't mean the woman has to be a Miss America, but there has to be something that attracts me or it will never get very far.
So, to begin communicating with women without knowing if there is even a chance for an attraction for me, seems like wasted time for both parties.

o

OK, Mr. Cool, email me and we will start a conversation 'across the miles' and exchange photos. I will be moving to Florida in about a year. I am close to your age.

o

Hi Miss Kay,
I sent you an email with photos.
M

o

And they lived happily ever after.
Once the bickering quit.

o

Sorry, but I never have received an email or pictures from you, Mr. Florida.

Mikie, TEEEEEEEHHHHHHHEEEEEEE!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here