Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are you warm or cold?

Posted by MJMercer (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 8, 05 at 17:09

OK, so it's the dead of summer and most of us have either been dumped on with too much rain or too much heat and drought.

Ordinarily I HATE winter but I'm longing for a day when temps don't go over 50 Farenheit!! Ahhhh, bring on the turtlenecks and wool sweaters.

How about you? Are you more comfortable in a warmer or a colder climate?

Karen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are you warm or cold?

Funny I should read this just now!

I was just thinking, by the time August rolls around every year, I'm sick of baggy shorts & light-colored, lightweight tops.
Everything seems washed-out, worn-out, & sad.
My sandals are stretched, my hair is dry, & I'm sick of putting moisturizer on my feet.

I sigh nostalgically at the thought of sweats, closed shoes like sneaks & mocs, even pantyhose!
Sweaters, long pants, broomstick skirts... sigh.

Having been born in Texas & never experienced temps lower than 0 (& having thought I was gonna die from it!), I'd have to say warmer.

There are very few days when I can't go outside, & most of the time I can even work in the garden.

Sometimes I do harbor fantasies of snow-capped mountains, massive evergreen trees, & blue Himalayan poppies.

but it's just fantasy.

o
RE: Warm or Cool Climates

Hello hello.

See, in Texas *this* is our dormant season, when we're indoors because outdoors is too inhospitable.

While Northerners "sit by the fireplace with a glass of wine, looking at seed & bulb catalogs & dreaming" in winter, we're out there in our wellies, forking compost into the beds, pruning, transplanting.

By the time they're enjoying their summer growing season, we're inside "sitting by the air conditioner with a glass of iced tea, looking at Christmas catalogs & dreaming"!

or sitting in front of a computer screen wondering where the heck everybody can be...

o
RE: Are you warm or cold?

Warmer weather is my type. It is cooling off now. Only 61* at 1:30 PM. Got on my jeans instead of shorts.
Leslie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here