SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lulie___wayne

There IS Hope

lulie___wayne
20 years ago

For all of you singles out there who may feel alone, and wonder if you will ever find the right mate, I just wanted to share a little something with you.

I have an aunt who was married for many years. Her husband died, and I would have never ever thought that she would have remarried. When she was in her early eighties, she met a wonderful man, who was, no younger than 90. They married and had a really good life for a few years. He really treated her better than her first husband and did anything that she wanted done. He was very religious, very in shape, very much a handyman etc. He died at 95, just about 2 years ago. She is now dating a younger man, lol. He is in his late eighties..(I tease her about that). He is a wonderful gentleman also.

My best friend's mom is in her early eighties and she is engaged to be married for the second time.

The point that I am trying to make is that just because you haven't found the right mate yet, don't get discouraged. There is time, and as my friend said, "Shoot, that boy girl stuff just keeps on happening". We don't have to necessarily be young to enjoy companionship from a mate. I'm sure that most of you would rather not have to wait until you are that old, but remember that it does keep going on. I guess until I saw these couples, I must have had the impression that as we get older that that "take my breath away" feeling doesn't happen anymore, but I know now, that it does.

I also always heard that as long as you are looking for a mate, it won't happen. It's when you least expect it, that one will come to you.

As I have said before, at this time, I am not single. I know though, that anything could happen to my husband and I could find myself a widow....all alone. I will try to remember my own words. I know it must be hard for some, but I guess if it happens to us, we should use our energy towards bettering ourselves in every way, and if the right mate crosses our path, great. If he doesn't, then we are being the best we can be and happy with ourselvses.

Lu

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living