Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good thoughts needed...

Posted by berain (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 29, 04 at 23:13

for my trip this weekend to Denver to meet the guy! Rich and I have had an online relationship from friendship to more for the past 2 years (almost)... I'm flying to Denver for a conference for work and will be meeting him...

Here's to hoping that he's everything I think he is and more...

Thanks,
Barbara_Tampa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good thoughts needed...

that is exciting! How did you all meet?

o

Relax and have FUN! Don't expect anything and you won't be disappointed. Who knows - you might discover a new 'best friend' - how exciting for you!!!

o

May he be your knight in shining armor!

Alternate version: May your night be fine amour!

(I'm giddy for you, Barbara.)

o

LOL...cute one Marilou....Barb I hope you have a great time....As Kay said, Relax and Have FUN!!...We'll be thinking of you this weekend.

o

Sounds exciting. Hope it all goes well.

o

Well, I went a long distance to meet a man I met on these forums, and it was one of the most wonderful experiences of my life. We aren't 'together' anymore, because life got in the way, but he is still dear to my heart. May the same blessing come to you!

o

Best of luck!

I've never met any of my online romances but have enjoyed considerable emotional satisfaction. Sometimes I wonder if meeting them in the real world would have the same spark that lights the candle.

: )

o

Bunnyman, YES - meeting someone whom you have a soul connection online with DOES have considerable emotional satisfaction and "spark" (it did for me). The key is to not 'expect' anything and, while being cautious, don't make any plans except to have fun. Of course, being nervous and scared is normal, but if both people discuss this before hand, there are few surprises. If you have developed that connection of the soul before you meet, there should be no important concerns.

o

I echo what kay said, bunnyman

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here