Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
TGIF and Captain Morgan has pulled into port

Posted by Tinmantu (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 16, 04 at 22:08

thought I'd do a change from Absolut and see the Captain tonight....nothing serious to rant about on my part but after a few sips I will have a few choice words, I'm sure

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: TGIF and Captain Morgan has pulled into port

Greetings, michael! What are you up to tonight? Wanna check in?

o

Just checked in...feel free to keep that one going too...I'll keep responding.....Captain Morgan has sailed seven threads...err seas before....my rant will be starting soon

o
RE: TGIF and helping out the dairy farmers

I'm ranting about my date while eating chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. Two large servings. Had to gulp my dinner so fast I'm still hungry!

o

Hi there. Who is Captain Morgan? LOL!

On board and ready to rant.

o
RE RE: TGIF and Captain Morgan has pulled into port

Captain Morgan is a very yummy tasting coconut rum...pull up a chair and rant away

o
RE: Walks has pulled into port

Hi, Walks! How was your week?

o
RE: TGIF and Captain Morgan has pulled into port !!!!

Good grief, this isnt chat and I cant keep up.

Hmmmm, who should go first?

o
I'll go first

I'll go first since I started this all last week and the rum is kicking in

o
The rant begins

kayjones was very astute in her observation and she has had a bit more of a preview of what's going on than most...(my apologies to not replying to you kay on the other thread but I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone here...you know my style)....at any rate, my little brain surgeon has been running amok as of late...I'd never go into the dirty details but lets just say it's not good.
My mom thinks I am being a turd and told me so....so to add to the moms crying subject last weekend that Walks and I brought up I'll explain why my mom cried

She thought I needed to give my daughter more love and money and not be the hardazz that I am....I exploded....told her I am off to Mexico or a desert island the first chance I get

o
rant part !!

well when dear ole mom hears me say that, she says "please don't leave me Mike" with tears in her eyes....now if I were married to her or if I were her last living relative I'd maybe take pity...but not that day....told her bullshiat..."you have a daughter that lives here and sons that live less than 4 hrs away....I swear to god, I am going to go find Gilligan and the Skipper and have them crash me into an island!!"

o
more rants

The next day I'm getting phone call from my brother telling me that mom is worried that I am going to do something crazy....bwahahahahahaha.....I just might with the way things are going

o
RE: rant

So by your mother's logic, your daughter doesn't have to count on her mother for financial support? And the brain surgeon doesn't have to be responsible to your daughter??

Am I following this? Remember, no rum on this end, just ice cream. :-)

o
Will he ever stop ranting?

Now last night I get a call from my ex....the little brain surgeon doesn't seem to think that things are going so well down that way and she might be moving back her in the next week but "doesn't know for sure".......in kays words, I am looking to get away from all these hillbillys....watch out jc, your dream might come true ;)

o
re brain surgeon

My daughter is the brain surgeon, Marilou....she made the decision to quit school with 3 months left and on the principals honor roll because she KNEW what was best for her to go live with mom...well mom left her high and dry.....but now she is ready to come back for some more

o
Egad

Good grief, tinman. How did you ever hook up with a gal like that?

(mental note to self: Introduce Brain Surgeon to Mr. Wrong?)

o

Why does your ex live back in your town? And the daughter is well, just playing it out. When she runs everyone else out of money, patience, time?

o
you got it Marilou

LOL....yeah, amazing how it sometimes takes one 15 years of marriage to figure out how blindly in love or lust they were....maybe now others will understand why I am so hardened toward a relationship

o

Sorry, michael. Didn't remember she was your daughter. Hoo boy, that *does* complicate things! I'm with Walks. It definitely has a manipulative ring to it.

o
Someday I am going to write a best seller

Walks.....I could tell stories on here that people would thoug were utter bullshiat that my ex has done....let's just ask this question....how many women would turn their husband in for selling crack, then move to another state and ask their daughter to move there, only to move back with said crack seller and leave daughter in Texas to run wild.....now does anyone wonder why the tinman is looking for Gilligan and the Skipper?

o
re: tgif

Like mother like daughter perhaps?

o
RE: like mother like daughter

Marilou, I spent big bucks at area mental health center because I saw the "like mother like daugher" syndrome coming 8 years ago.....I was told that it was my problem, that I couldn't get over my wife leaving me.....local mental health counciling is a joke...they took 2 more years of psychology than I did or I would have their job

o
Me and Captain Morgan have weighed anchor

off to relax here....my apologies if I scared anyone off by my rants, but I have a hunch you better be a glutton for punishment for if you come back next friday it may be more of the same.....enter the tinmans life at your own risk....sweet dreams to all...good night

o

Go relax, Tinmantu.

All problems will wait until tomorrow...and we will be here, LOL.

Sweet dreams!!!

Isnt there something about the bed bugs?

o

Michael, it's time to ditch the cat and get a BIIIIIIGGGG mean dog, tie him to the front gate, sit on your front porch, and SMILE! Why should YOU make the changes? Those hillbillys (ALL of them) have played you for YEARS - time for TOUGH LOVE! When they see that dear ole Dad is no longer in the game, they will figure something else out. You aren't helping your DD or ex or Mom by lending them an ear, money or by being a free psychiatrist!!!! It's time to become an ostrich with an armadillo's armor, who dons earplugs and posts a sign reading: "I can't HEAR you"!

o

My mom tries that "You're such a meanie/horrible person" on me too. Of course if I truly was then I would dish it right back to her. The best policy is to just see it for what it is and ignore it. I know the phrase "You're sellin' but I aint buyin" does not win you brownie points. :-)

As for your daughter, well I have a slightly different perspective, being a XX with a father myself. Brain Surgeon is doing what all young girls her age do, just doing it with perhaps more panache than you'd like. Some people can only learn by experiencing things first hand. So she's screwed up, and she may screw up a whole lot more. And sometimes daddy just can't fix it, no matter how much he wants to, or no matter how much better he knows than her. Sometimes he just has to listen, even though it bugs the heck out of him. I'm not saying you should let her take advantage of you, I'm just saying she may take a little longer than you'd like to get her act together and her road may be rougher, but that doesn't mean it won't happen. Your believing that she can suceed and seeing her as lovable and capable can become a self fulfilling prophecy just as the opposite belief can. Also, be careful what you wish for. If she does get her act together and is living her own life the way she wants to, albeit different from what you want or expected, are you ready to accept that?

Now this is just food for thought, a conversation point, because I really have no idea about your particular situation or family and no expertise in this area, I'm just sharing some of my perspective from the daughter end, that's all. My comments could be totally irrelevant to your situation. But you sounded really low and my chronic fault is that I am a terminal advice monger. It's my helping style, which is NOT always helpful, but what can I say, I take after my dad. :-)

o

A nice perspective lpink, but last night another one came into effect....seems my little brain surgeon or her mom falsified my SSN by signing up on the internet for ATT Wireless....I'm home today considering filing fraud charges and waiting for an attorney to call back...I am going to toss these people to the street and buy me a BIG F***ing Dog!!!

o

"Toss them to the street"? Don't you DARE tell me you have these "people" living with you!!!! Don't you make me come down there!

o

toss them to the street means that I am totally done with them....they haven't been living with me and they won't get the time of day from me from now on....since they have no phone, I sent emails telling them both that I was done playing this game and the next time my SSN is used, YOU WILL go to jail... and to get out of my life, that I'd rather die alone than have leeches like them around....took the ex 1 hour to show up on my doorstep after the word fraud was mentioned I don't care what bridges I have burned....I am done with them....ex denied using my ssn, but she sure was anxious to have the bill so she could pay for it....handed her the bill and said both you stay the f+)K away from me and slammed the door in her face.

o

Now you can begin to live again, without looking over your shoulder to see what crap those monkeys will be throwing your way - congratulations on breaking free! I will make a copy of this thread for future reference - I will be vatching you!!!! - (yes, the gestapo is on duty)!

o

I think Captain Morgan is nasty stuff for the most part. Makes a good chicken marinade.

: )
michael

o

I think it's a good thing where Michael is concerned - he's too shy and private to speak up on his own. Thanks, Captain - for giving Michael the courage to share his trouble with his friends.

o

Oh TT you poor guy! Sounds like the ex is making your life a living hades right now! And it must hurt to see your daughter getting sucked in. I know somewhat the toll such toxic people can take on a person, but everyone's pain is uniquely their own. There isn't much you can do except take care of yourself. I do pray for you and for the brain surgeon, although I am slightly pagan so it's more of an attempt to send good vibes than actual intercession with the big guy. I just remember how much your daughter means to you and I have been praying that she comes around and gets some sense. She still could, although it could get worse before it gets better. Meanwhile, virtual hug, although I'm actually more of a chicken soup monger than a hugger. I don't think chicken soup goes all that well with Captain Morgan though. Well, virtual postive pineapple thoughts heading your way. :-)

o

lpinkmountain - those are the sweetest thoughts for Michael! Thank you for sharing them with us, Michael's friends.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here