Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Younger Woman

Posted by flowergazer (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 18, 06 at 20:49

I fell in love with a man 20 years my senior we have been together 10 years. Alot of good times and bad, the age difference has not bothered me one bit. He has dated younger women before so his family is used to this. He is not a sugar daddy I work and support my kids without any finacial support from him as a matter of fact we have never talked about money even though his income is alot higher than mine. Because we live in different towns we see eachother on the weekends and holidays it has always been like this.I guess you shouldnt drink and get on the internet but I am getting to the point in my life that I want more and I dont think he does.He has always been with me through crises with children and my mom dying of cancer if i want improvements to my house he does it for me with me by his side and I pay for all materials. Am I single?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Younger Woman

Am I single?

Yup.

What does he say? Seems to me 10 years worth of relationship would enable you to speak of it directly. Maybe weekends and holidays are enough or maybe he's thinking like you are.

o

YOU MUST TALK TO HIM BEFORE MAKING ANY MOVMENT.HIS PAST IS CLEAN.IF u DONT MIND KINDLY WRITE HIS NAME

o

WTF?

o

If you'll read your post, you may realize that you've answered your own question.

I think that the situation you're in is one we women tend to sort of drift into,
not really thinking it through & maintaining & guarding our positions.

Yes, you are very single.

& you've been spending your free time with this one person for a long time, so you're isolated from other singles & from possible partners.

It sounds to me like he has a very good deal,
he's happy with it, &,
should you decide that you're "ready for more" *from him*...

you don't have a lot to bring to the bargaining table.

You know that you won't get "more" unless you say that you want it.

But you need to be prepared to have your request turned down.

If that happens, the ball is back in your court:
You must either continue managing your life & time on his terms, or make the break so that you can pursue other options.

I would urge you to be ready for that before you have "the talk".

You might also just do a couple of trial week-ends on your own:
see what it's like to have your time back, see what there is to do out there, etc.

Best luck.

sylvia

o

Yes You are single!!!

Trudy

o

Sounds like a good deal to me. You see him on weekends and holidays....in the meantime, you don't have to put up with the stresses of daily living together. He is there for you it seems, during bad times, he fixes your house....I would take it in a second. If that isn't enough for you, take the bull by the horns and say so. You are afraid to rock the boat, but if you want more and he doesn't, now is the time to find out. Don't lose anymore of your life if this isn't going anywhere.

o

Dump his worthless ancient ass and go out with me instead. End of story.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here