Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
50+ Singles and Weekends

Posted by blondiel (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 26, 10 at 20:14

Hi,

I usually visit the garden, kitchen and other forums. I am recently single, separated after 15 years of marriage,and loving it. I usually don't have a lot to do on weekends. So,50+ singles, what do you do on weekends? I am also retired and work part time which means that I am at home a lot during the week. I am considering a part time job or volunteering, just haven't made the move yet. I am still enjoying my time alone.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 50+ Singles and Weekends

My weekends are very exciting.....I do my laundry and cleaning on the week ends. I do my running around during the week because stores/restaurants are less busy. I lunch out eat early and usually have the place to myself. Very nice. I also enjoy my single life.

o

Sadly, I have been alone since 2007. I retired in 2008. I don't think of what day it is - I have a big yard and house to keep up and grandbabies living around the corner.

My weekends (and every day) consist of getting up at around 6 a.m., thanking God for another day, feeding my dog, drinking my coffee, getting dressed, walking my dog, working in the yard for a bit, then coming indoors to do what few chores may need done.

Once a week I do a good house-cleaning and once a week I mow my 1/3 acre yard. One or both of my granchildren come over around 10 a.m. and I fix their meals. At 4 p.m., it's time to feed and walk the dog, take the kids home, eat a light dinner and put my feet up to relax.

I take my bath at 7 p.m. or so, then I take care of the dog one more time at 9 p.m., may talk with a friend on the phone for 30 minutes, then head for bed, where I read for an hour then lights out.

As you can see, I keep fairly busy! I do this day after day - no matter what the day. On Wed. night I go to church and on Sunday morning I go to church - I keep BUSY!

o

Pash. I'm 50+ but why dry up and die? Join Facebook and reconnect with your old high school/college friends. They will also find you quickly, trust me. Take a class in whatever your interests may be; gardening, foreign language, cooking etc, and be open to meeting new friends, both much younger and older than yourself. Go to cinema see the new stuff, foreign and independents, even if you go alone, who cares? It's not a social occasion just get out of the house, already. Try ballroom or salsa dancing, it's fun! Volunteer political, social, environmental just do it. Go to the gym or join a walking club, exercise on a regular basis, I love my book club. If you can afford to travel, organize some friends and go or join a tour, you will meet a few people you will stay in touch with trust me. I'm so busy I can't imagine not having anything to do! Rejoice because you don't get this day back ever again and you've got plenty of time for the "grandbabies" and a TV tray and endless re-runs of Bonanza. Carpi Diem, baby.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here