Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Get Out!

Posted by MJMercer (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 25, 05 at 9:44

I'm heading out to Boston for a couple of days this week. One of my best friends is a singer. She and her husband are performing Wednesday night at a jazz club called Scullers. I've never been to Boston. I have the time & the frequent flyer miles so I figured "what the heck?"

How about you? Do you have any summer travel plans?

Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Scullers Jazz Club

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Get Out!

No plans to travel this summer, but in November, Mom and I are going to Seattle to see my cousins, and my aunt. Hopefully anyway. Mom is going to be 80 this October. She isn't in the best of health. Osteo, rhuematoid, etc. She is game for anything usually though. This was her idea to go, so I said sure, why not.
Leslie

o

Heading for Pebble Beach! I'm going to watch my equestrian daughter ride in her first Classic! A couple of days gone. I hope to visit another cooking forum member who lives close by. That's about it!

o

Just curious...would that forum member be our lady of the Golden Retrievers?

Karen

o

Yep, the very same! Our very own Fairegold! We met at the IKEA gathering a few months ago and talked about getting together during this show. I do need to give her a call!

BarnMom

o

Well, here I am sitting in the business center of my Boston hotel. Actually got up one hour early so I could beat the actual businessmen to the two internet-connected computers. lol

This hotel offers complimentary shuttle service to most of the local tourist destinations. I had a lovely time wandering through Copley Square yesterday. The juxtaposition of beautiful, historical buildings right up against sleek new skyscrapers makes for some very interesting photo ops.

Today I'm off on another shuttle to explore another part of the city. And then tonight, I take the elevator in my hotel to the second-floor jazz club where my friend and her husband are performing. Two shows, and I'm seeing both. Can't wait!

What are *you* doing today?

Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Wesla Whitfield (& Mike Greensill)

o

Way to go Karen!

I must live vicariously for a few weeks as I now have a walking cast. DUH! Good time to catch up on my reading.
It's sill too hot here to think of much else.

How about the launch! Pretty cool Joules!

Wings

o

Way to go, Karen! I like to see notes indicating someone is having a good time. Seeing two shows, huh. That's a treat if I ever heard of one. I hope you have time to see everything you've scheduled. If you have time just make a run down to Asheville on Friday. Bele'Chere' starts for three days. It's supposed to be one of the largest street parties in the South (+/- 300,000 over the weekend). It's supposed to be a little cooler, too. Regards, Gene

o

I'm heading to Greece next month. It's my first "real" vacation in a couple of years, and it follows a very stressful couple of years. So I'm looking forward to it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here