Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Now what? Disney Strikes Again?

Posted by Wings2W (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 16, 05 at 4:06

For heaven's sake......no wonder I'm not going to fork over any more $$. Am I just too old and missed something offesive in that article. Is no wonder this place is so slow.

Off to investigate my new MSN FREE account.

Wing

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Now what? Disney Strikes Again?

Is somebody riding the teacups?

Karen

o

No teacups. I'm still here.

The article was copyrighted material, I guess I should have supplied a link rather than posting it. I thought I gave the author and source, thinking that would be adequate. I received a note regarding copyrighted material from the webmaster. It's possible someone reported it to the webmaster for content after my last post, however, as the thread had been up for many weeks. Truth is truth, not always pretty.

o

Thanks Barnmom! I thought it was a good article and a lot of good information for those that choose that venue.

I'm glad yours was handled in a more mature manner. No Teacups!

Wings

o

Though I wasn't active on this forum in it's original incarnation, it has been said that it was discontinued back then due to it's "racy" content. Perhaps there are those who believe that single people should be leading completely chaste lives.

o

I'm one who truly misses this forum. I found it very interesting reading and loaded with people... My hope was that it would pick up once again, but alas, it hasn't.

o

Berain

I never read the old forum, what was it like? What did people discuss?

BarnMom

o

I am new here, so I never have known any thing else. I hope people start coming in more often.
Maybe we could start a question of the day type thing.
I'll start:

Do you like to travel, or would you rather stay close to home?

I like to travel, but not for loooooong stretches of time.
If I go south during the winter, I only want to be gone about 6 weeks, not 3 months. And I love doing little weekend trips.
Leslie

o

What is the point of this forum?

a) To meet other singles.

b) To meet other singles with like interests.

c) To discuss being single in a two-by-two world. (when couples stop inviting you because you are no longer part of a couple, etc.)

d) To discuss ways to meet other 3D singles that have a modicum of dignity. (is this possible?)

e) To share our dating experiences if we do meet other 3D singles. (vent, gloat, whatever!)

f) Share why being single is great. (it does beat the pants off of being in a bad marriage!)

g) Discuss dating etiquette. (Elimidate notwithstanding!)

And to do all this in a positive, supportive non-judgemental way. (ok, I can dream...)

o

I didn't realize these forums are supposed to be structured. I must have missed that when I paid my $15.

o

"I didn't realize these forums are supposed to be structured. I must have missed that when I paid my $15."

And we wonder why no one posts here? Guess you missed the last sentence of my post. I was trying to get this lame, half-dead forum to limp forward for another day. Thanks for all your kind encouragement, Candler. You made my day.

o

Well, I've always thought a positive mindset attracts people more than anything. You know: honey attracts more flies than vinegar. Talk about stuff that interests you, DO stuff that interests you, and the rest flows. For me, the "single" part of any conversation is completely secondary and often irrelevant. That's why I don't limit my participation to this forum. Thank heaven Spike gave us literally hundreds of forums through which we can meander.

And now, Gene, I'm off to your coffee thread to see what caffeine-induced adventures you've been up to lately! :o)

Karen

o

LOL @ BarnMom. I like the part about not being included in the two x two world. I am single, not by choice this time. But being divorced or widowed is the same. Your still a single woman, and usually not invited to get togethers. Except for the KT forum. I went to their get together in Iowa last month. I had a great time, and met lots of nice people. Married and single.
Leslie

o

I didn't notice this forum was here before. I just stumbled upon it while doing a search.

I wanted to say this...I'm married but I have a number of single friends and I would never dream of not inviting them to a get-together because they aren't a couple. In fact, I find it more intersting to have single/married/gay...what have you folks to my parties. I went to party just last night hosted by a married friend. There were a number of singles there. If you haves "friends" that don't invite you to their parties because you're single, you should re-think your choice of friends.

Regards~

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here