SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tinmantu

Absolut anything thread

Tinmantu
19 years ago

This is a thread that anyone that has a comment, feel free to post away....if it's anti towards me, I will post a response and further questions,if it deems a response but I promise that there will never be flaming...just discussion

Comments (49)

• Tinmantu
    Original Author
    19 years ago

As you can see, I am a damn the torpedos type of person first, but do care about my friends that I have met in my life.....the first thing that I want to relate is that you ALL are very special to me....and no the absolut hasn't kicked in just yet....when I add my exwife in your status, be scared.....be VERY scared

• walksalone
    19 years ago

Its 10:15, wayyyyyy, past my time. After three glasses of wine, and dinner, life is fine. Did I say mellow, sleep is on the way.

TGIF. It was a crap of a week and, and I .....

so glad to see friends...

Good Nite!

• Related Discussions

connecting threads, Essential Thread

Q

Comments (14)
    Machines do have their own personalities. One thing that some modern machines can be fussy about is the direction of the thread twist. An easy fix sometimes is just to flip the spool upside down and see if it solves the breakage problem. Another thing--this might not pertain since I'm not at all up on modern machines--but with my vintage machines, I do have to feed long yardage spools and cones off a thread stand, they don't work well if the spool/cone has to spin to release the thread. The thread has a tendency to drop to the bottom of the spool and wrap itself around the vertical spool pin. This shouldn't be a problem with horizontal pins, though. The topic of thread is pretty interesting to me as a custom quilter. I've found that with my pre-1965 machines, I can use just about anything: dual duty, C&C Star, Connecting Threads, rayon, glazed hand quilting thread (a HUGE no-no in modern machines), nylon, Guttermans, Mettler, YLI, silk--it makes no difference whatsoever, other than that I will have to adjust the tension for different sizes of thread. I always use 100% cotton in the bobbin (usually C&C Star 'cuz it's cheapest and I always have lots on hand). I haven't tried metallics as I've had no call for them, but I'd like to try just to see how my old girls react to it. Annie
    ...See More

Upper Thread will not pick up Bobbin Thread.

Q

Comments (44)
    I've had this problem as well...didn't even realize that the bobbin thread not rising up was the cause. After a bit of focused experimenting a few minutes ago I realized there is no inherent tension in the bobbin thread area (despite the design of the machine!). So with the bobbin cover removed and the presser foot UP if I set the bobbin as normal and held the end of the thread off to the side AND applied a bit of tension to it I could get the needle to pick it up perfectly. Tested it and sewing was normal! Maybe the needle needing to be changed contributes to jams but I have run that scenario of changing it and everything else in complete frustration over this problem until I saw what was really happening...which tends to occur out of the blue...knowing I can manually get the machine to pick up the thread allows me to continue using a needle that is still serviceable. Tip: I read that some people remove the presser foot to get access to the threads but I use a small plastic tool that is shaped like a crochet hook to grab the thread back after getting it- safer and time saving for when this happens. Hope it helps others to know.
    ...See More

needle thread not picking up bobbin thread

Q

Comments (6)
    Thanks for the reply-I have a Kenmore 15408-I've noticed the needle does pick up the bobbin thread, but it stays down in the shutter. I pulled it out, had the needle thread thru the loop (just like the instructions). I start to sew and the needle thread is everywhere on the back of the fabric with the bobbin thread(more needle thread than bobbin thread) I have tried everything-cleaning,tighting(i have the needle thread tightend as far as it will go) loosening,replaced needle,cleaning shutter, everything. Its a brand new machine, I dont understand, maybe I should take it back to sears. I dont know. Anybody have a kenmore??? Any hints?? Thanks!!
    ...See More

One more radon thread...what, if anything, is a consumer to do?

Q

Comments (94)
    "Now I am planning to test my house for Radon. I don't have a basement but the townhouse was built on a concrete slab. Where do you suggest I test? And since this is a 2 level townhouse, do I test upstairs as well as on the 1st floor?" On what level are the entranceways to the townhome? If they are on the first level, I would check both the first and second level. This is due to constant ventilation of the first floor area when opening and closing the doors, so the upper level may actually have a higher radon content. If the doors are on the second level, as I've seen sometimes, then checking the lowest living area should be sufficient. As for the granite, this is some of what I've found: Granite is a normal, geological source of radiation in the natural environment. All of the minerals in granite contain some radioactive elements: the white or pink feldspars contain potassium-40 (which is also present in bananas and kiwis, as well as salt substitutes), the black biotites and horn-blendes contain potassium-40, uranium ore and thorium, and the small inclusions of minerals such as zircon, apatite, etc. contain uranium and thorium. The inclusions can contain the highest amounts of radioactive materials. From this I would say the radioactive content can vary greatly within a small area. We have responded to several people's requests to test their granite, and none have registered any radiation levels of note. But, they are few and far between, as Dr. Llope has found some, so the only way to be certain is to survey the granite for radiation. But the chances of your granite being of radiological concern are very slim. Joel
    ...See More
  • Tinmantu
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Nite Walks....glad to see the same....I'll be looking in...sweet dreams to all

• ripet
    19 years ago

Sure sure, anything. After a drink,feeling better and not even concerned about my typo. GOOD SIGN.
    To be or not to be. Should I or should i not get back together with my exfiance.Oh well, time will tell. I'll make a little promise to myself here, from now on I'll just let him call me for a week or two.

I'm doing well on my quit smoking, it's been 6weeks now, it's a miracle!!

Oh, may be I should start going out more with my age guys. Forgett about older guys(what's up with that anyway), don't know ,don't know afterall this is alcohol talking not me, but you see, I think I'm kind cute if just one drink can make me so talkative . Well, you said this is whatever it is OK thread...........what can you expect? It's Friday evening almost heading to Saturday.

• Tinmantu
    Original Author
    19 years ago

You picked the right thread to vent, ripet....Welcome, in case I've missed your posts here before....as far as the ex-fiance, I'll agree with let him call you for a change as there is nothing like a man that is all of a sudden not being chased and he wonders why...it might make him reflect on what he did wrong, or it gives you time to reflect if he doesn't bother to call you.

Congrats on the quitting smoking, I need to try that one of these days.

As far as going out with people "our" age goes, I think that is usually a sign of someone that the people in our exact age group aren't as mature as we feel that we are, so we tend to admire somone that has more knowledge of life...I'm guilty of the same thing...I never even think about going out with a woman that is 10 years younger than I am...and yes the Absolut is working just fine right now.

• kayjones
    19 years ago

Congratulations on the smoking success!

Boyfriends are the bane of single women and not worth wasting our time on - love YOURSELF instead!

I don't drink, but maybe I should!

Grandchildren are wonderful!

Life is GOOD!

Good and honest friends are terrific!

Tropical gardening preserves mental health!

Single people can say "F**! you" with a smile!

Relying on oneself' makes one a slave to NO ONE!

We are victims of our choices, be they good or bad!

May all our choices be in OUR best interest!

Am I feeling "Aries"? Yep!

I have set very high stakes for my relationships and most can't afford the ante!

There is an admission price to be in my life because I'm worth being with!

Do I love "ME"? You bet!

Am I feeling VERY "Aries"? You're damned right I am!!!

• walksalone
    19 years ago

Absolutely need asprin.

• Tinmantu
    Original Author
    19 years ago

LOL Walks....good thing you didn't want to debate....I got to bed at 6 after chatting half the night the way it was...I did get a nap in though....been on the phone today with ex inlaws and ex....I can refer to exinlaws as outlaws, but I can only think of an "f" word to describe my ex. heh.....not sure if that will be worthy of a rant tonight or not but it's been a hell of a day

• walksalone
    19 years ago

Gulp, Ex in laws. NO WAY. WHY????

Ok, daughter? But, ex in Laws? I was going to eat dinner....Shaking head....

• Tinmantu
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Yeah Walks...it's regarding my daughter...a lot has happened as of late....Daughter moved to Texas to be with mom as you all know from old threads....well mom moved back here to be with hubby and daughter stayed there to finish education....Was living with my exes twin....well my little brain surgeon decided to move out Friday night so my phone has been ringing off the wall...er, off the desk

• walksalone
    19 years ago

I do understand. It is happening in my family. I have a 40 yr old sister (think tumour) with her 18 year old "brain surgeon" living with my 70 yr old mother.

I believe brain surgery for all will be the only option. LOL. Thanks, for today I will see some humour in it.

• kayjones
    19 years ago

Michael, sounds like you need someone like me to handle those hellians in your life - move aside - let me at 'em!

• ripet
    19 years ago

Hi, I'm back, since no one else is here.
    This forum sure is very quiet. Toooo bad, because single people seem to have more time on their hand and can enjoy this forum more if there are more activity going on here.
    Ok, Ok, I'm having a few drinks again, I admit.
    Well, what can I say, this is my Monday and Friday. Yes, thats right, I only work Tuesday. No, I'm not on disability, I 'm just lucky to have my job.

Sooooooooooooooo, whats up?
    Isn't this sad , I'm talking to myself on my Friday night,LOL.

Continue....
    May be , after, i go get
    some more champange from the fridge

• Kathsgrdn
    19 years ago

Anything post? Ok, I'm feeling really old, fat and ugly right at the moment...lol. I went and signed up for a couple of those on-line dating sites...been e-mailing this guy for a week and I finally get a picture to him and he writes back to say that now that he thinks of it, we live too far away from each other. I think it's probably my weight...most men want thin women. I'm not, got about 45-50 pounds on me that don't belong there and I'm pretty short. I sent the same picture to another guy who I only e-mailed once this week....he describes himself as "stocky" so we'll see what happens. I'm now afraid to send my picture out anymore!!!

• Tinmantu
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Dang, I don't get on for a couple days and miss out on some rants not to contribute to
    ripet, you should know by the patterns that it tends to get quiet here during the first of the week but tends to build up towards the weekend....to think that singles have all this free time is a myth among most of us, I assure you...we have bills to pay, laundry to do, lawns to mow, etc, where we are tired at the end of the day too. I'll try to be here for your next rant and possibly joing in...heh

Kath...........don't worry about what others think and keep sending our your picture...there are a lot of men that have no problem with a woman being overweight...it's whats in ones heart....I really think the earlier the better to present oneself in online dating instances....it allows you and them to move on before the heart gets too involved ...You will find the right one, count on it!! Don't give up just yet, lady.

• walksalone
    19 years ago

Can't wait till Friday to rant, and this is about anything. I feel so powerless to help my mom. Just spent thirty minutes on the phone, and I am enraged, stupidified, and agonized.

It involves my sister and her daughter who live with my mother. How to get them OUT! We are talking about a 40 and 18 yr old. My mother wont take a stand, so they overrun her house, food, and with pets they have dumped. My mother makes it fine on her own, but the extra dependents who use and abuse everything.

This has gone on and off for the last ten years. Lately it has been the last three months. This time, my sister going thru a (third) divorce, suicide attempt (Jan), fired from job. Niece, is 18 has not finished 10th grade, no car, no job, jailed last week for outstanding warrants such as loitering, etc before she was 18. Guess who came up with the $$$ to pay the fines?

Noone buys groceries or pays anything to the bills. And yes gets and expects maid service. My sister gets her unemployment and goes off to the lake until all is gone. Even brings friends over to raid the refrig.

Only a small part of the story. I am livid and frustrated. My mom should be enjoying her last years and I am soo hurt to hear her because, she wont say NO.

Talking to my sister by me won't help. She is so resentful of me. Heck, I suffered years to put myself through school and worked. Yet I am the one who has it so easy and would not understand My sister, here lies the problem, was given alot by my mother. I was not. There is five years between my sister and I. My mother was able to help my sister, like a car, where I had to buy my own.

I think now I am just rambling. I do not see how this situation can resolve itself, without some intervention. If my mother waits till everyone gets on their "feet", it could be ten years and they are not coming here! Thanks for reading about my ghosts in the closet...

• jessiecarole
    19 years ago

glad to listen anytime, Walks.
    Wish I could help. I suspect that knowing you are strong is a comfort to your mother, even if she doesn't say so. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

• Kathsgrdn
    19 years ago

Thanks Tinmantu, I'll give it a little bit longer on the on-line dating thing....the second guy did e-mail me back with pictures but he looks just like my ex's nephew (same facial features), not attracted to him at all and every e-mail he brings up his ex-wife. I realize they've only been divorced a short time but I wonder if he is over her. I guess I'm back to square one.

Walks Alone, sorry about your mom being taken advantage of. I guess it would be hard to kick your own daughter and granddaughter out of your house no matter what they were doing.

• Tinmantu
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Wow, and a fine rant that was Walks..........I understand that you feel powerless to deal with the sister one on one but how many siblings are in your family?....this sounds like this is going to have to be group intervention from the other kids to solve it....that or mom is going to have to get pissed enough to say enough is enough....I feel for you, I really do.

My little brain surgeon is in town this weekend.....I haven't heard from her yet, but she made a token 5 minute visit to grandma (to set up for future traveling money) and i'm sure I'll hear from her right before it's time for her to head home (for traveling money)

See Walks, we all have one of those in our family...IF we enable them anyway.

And Kath, I'm glad to hear that you will keep it up for a while....I've never gone that route but I do know that if you get discouraged and give up too soon that you are right back where you were before....I live in a small town in the middle of nowhere...if I were really looking to get married or whatever, I would have to go that route too.....best of luck to you and please keep us updated on how it's going.

• ripet
    19 years ago

Well, Ok he called me last night at 11pm,want to come over today or tomorrow. Told him I already have a plan today(true) and didn't think it will work too well tomorrow either.(he lives 3 hrs away) He want to call me tonight and see if it will work tomorrow. May be this waiting out stuff worked well or not?

This whole week I was just starting to think may be we are not good match and trying to move on, oh well we'll see.

If anything I haven't smoked yet so that's a good news for me!

• jessiecarole
    19 years ago

enjoying everyone's posts!

I am working, working, which is very nice ~smile~ because it means that when I am home, I can afford to have the ac on and the doors and windows open.

if tinman really had quit posting, I was going to tell you all that he had moved south and I refused to let him use the computer ;-)

jc

• Tinmantu
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Keep us updated on how it works out ripet...it's always hard to tell how one will respond if they play too hard to get...some men observe it as head games and unless they are just head over heels in love they are liable to say it's not worth the bull....usually men that feel this way have been married before for an extended period of time and have seen it all before......glad to hear that you are still beating the cigs!!

And to you jc..ROFLMAO..(mental note to self... take my laptop with me if I ever make a road trip jc's way)

• ripet
    19 years ago

Friday night. I haven't smoked yet. Its been more than 2 months now,I'm on the last patch "step3" about 10days left for the completion of the program. Then i have to depend on my WILL.
    I have been playing and not playing hard to get, oh boy i must really love my ex fiance..... I had few blind date offer this week(good ones ), and a man who was visiting me commented "that bath tub is big enough for me too!" well, I
    'm not interested in him.

Well, I tell you I should just see my ex fiance again and see how i feel and how he feels about me. I really need to move on or work on the relationship we had again.

I think I have a very good life financially and I love my work, friends, house, dogs, yard, car,myself. I think I'm pretty lucky in many ways. And I shouldn't say I can't find a man or boyfriend. I think my problem is that I still love this man so much I can't even bring myself to think about anyother man at this point.(I really hate that part of myself) He said he may come Sunday, I kind told him I really need to see him soon, to either move on or start again to see where we end up. And I am a Virgo!! who normally choose a road which already have an answer, but hey this time ,I am willing to make a mistake or end up breaking up again as long as I get to move on from this chapter of my life.

OK, OK, I admit I'm having a drink again.
    He said few things bad about me is that I worrie about everything too much, I am too sensitive and that in the other words is JElOUSE too much(yes we do have ohnest conversations if anything!lol)

Tinman, I think I would like to ask your opinion about womans "jelousey".

Ok, back to the subject,I think he is too spontainious,adventurose,busy, don't know when to stop, act like little boy with big dreams( all his dream has come true at least though),too many things going on!.
    Well, but what can i say, picky Virgo like me will eventurly pick and tear anyman who come into my life anyway, may be I should settle.

Oh.....okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkay again. I am confused or what?
    But you know what i think this moment, either good or bad it is good that we are having ohnest conversation, I no longer hold back anything.

Sorry, sounds like I am talking to myself.

• Tinmantu
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Hi ripet.....this is just my opinion, but jealousy shown by male or female is a sign of insecurity that is normal in the early stages of a relationship...if the relationship goes past the infatuation stage and becomes love, the jealousy should and BETTER subside or the relationship is doomed.

A trust has to be formed eventually or the partner is going to grow weary of the constant quizzing of why they weren't there at such and such time and having to respond to every little mishap in a schedule. If it keeps recurring then you have to question, but this needs to be figured out before you go deeper into a relationship. Sometimes our gut feelings are right on....other times our guts allow us to lose someone that may have been very good for us....been there done that.

You obviously care a lot about this guy, and he may be Mr. Right....but there is a reason that he is an ex-fiance...what you have to do now is ask yourself is he an ex because of your insecurity or is he an ex because you saw signs that made you back off....if it's the latter, then look at the "absence makes the heart grow fonder" theory.

Regardless of which it is, I hope you get it all worked out and keep us updated......btw, I am jealous that you quit smoking and I haven't. :)

• walksalone
    19 years ago

I agree with Tinmantu. Good insight.

I also believe, jealousy, is a controlling factor. To have ultimate control over the other person. IF they would do this, act like this, you would not feel jealous?

And there are those who like the other one to feel this way. It gives them the power to play with your emotions.

Hindsight is a wonderful tool. It does take the sting out, and make it seem more rosey than what was. That's why so many do the back and forth. Ever wonder why abused women go back?

There is also a mourning period after any kind of loss, especially relationships. That is why you are not interested in someonelse.

Give yourself time. If seeing him again will give you closure, and hopefully a new perspective, with what you know now... Good luck, and let us know.

• Tinmantu
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Not sure if it's good news or bad news but looks like you people are stuck with me for at least another year...just resubscribed....be afraid......be very afraid

• Wings2W
    19 years ago

Good Friday Morning!

A bit early, even for me, but my rocket scientist supervisor changed my hours yesterday for a meeting and I was tooooo tired last night. Really makes me want to go out of my way for others continually changing the rules to fit their situations.

Anyone have plans for the weekend? Come on now...I need some incentive! Maybe just finish one of my many projects eh? Also those duh weekend things that keep us busy but sure eat into our time. Mundane.

Wing

• jessiecarole
    19 years ago

an early morning rant for me also. I discovered last night that the person I am covering for at work this week is also off two days next week. I am mad at myself for thinking that this is my problem. I will work up a good case of (squelched and unnoticed) resentment at the rate I am going. No one else seems concerned that there are holes in the schedule. I would like to be one of those unconcerned people.

~sigh~ no absolut while I am working every day

woe is me ~grin~ someone get out the violin

• walksalone
    19 years ago

Well, bummer, JC. Are you saying you will make up that time? And not have a day off? I have gotten where, my mouth proceeds me, and it gets rid of the resentment.

Deciding whether to mow or not. My scheduled day to get it done. To talk me into it...it is cloudy and cool. To talk me out of it, the grass is slightly damp, my mower blade needs sharpening, and a change of oil, air filter, and spark plug would help. It is probably good for one more round. Do I or not... Please remind me that I left the garage door open in anticipation of mowing. Do I or not....

• Tinmantu
    Original Author
    19 years ago

shut the garage door Walks....have some dinner and pour us both a glass of wine....In the words of Paul Harvey..."It's Friday!!!"

• marilou
    19 years ago

Men, stand back on this one. Just pulled up my chair with a double helping of ice cream and ready to rant. I'm sure the violins will cue in any moment.

I was doing okay today until my ex-significant other phoned for business reasons. Without him saying so--I just know his routine--he was calling from his cell phone on his way home to his wife. That would be the wife he acquired through the internet shortly after dumping me. It was a big reminder of what I no longer have: a loving, long-term relationship--not with him, and not with my dead husband.

Women get the short end of the deal. Men get their pick of women and don't have to be single for long if they don't want to be. Where I live, there's got to be 200 single women for every single man. Men die off sooner and women are stuck with loneliness or other single women for company and all of us are very much aware that being together isn't our first choice.

The men that turn my head aren't interested in someone my age, they want someone fifteen years younger than me. Or, they feel like I am "out of their league" (I've been told) and pass me by. The (very) few that have hit on me have been nearly thirty years my senior and I'm *definitely* not interested. Already buried one husband, don't want another one with one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

I'm not exactly a plain looking person but I'm no Paris Hilton, either. I still have my figure and my youthfulness. I'm highly educated and successful. I've been told I can have "any man I want" and am the "total package." I'm financially independent, own my own business and my home. Doesn't seem to matter, though.

So what I come back to is anger at God for giving men and women differnet life spans! Aaaarrrggghhhh! I'm shaking my fist at you, God!

• kayjones
    19 years ago

Marilou, my friend, it's not you - it's the MEN. They just don't look beyond the exterior. Count your blessings that you aren't hooked up with a self-absorbed ASS!

• marilou
    19 years ago

I hear what you're saying, Kay, and there are definitely men not worth it. The problem runs much deeper though.

Single men are practically nonexistent, and it has been this way since I became single at 39. Somewhere in my travels through demographical data I read that there are equal numbers of men and women at age 30. Before 30, men outnumber women but due to recklessness, many end up killed in accidents. After 30, women start outnumbering men as health problems and accidents keep picking men off, increasing the ratio of women to men as women get older.

I have been thrust into later life experiences (with widowhood) way ahead of most others my age and expect to spend pretty much the rest of my years with other women as the number of men dwindles to practically nothing. So I still put this on God not making men durable (smart?) enough to last.

Waah! It's not fair! (This woman's version of ranting.)

• walksalone
    19 years ago

Garge door is shut and I mowed the yard. Done. Okay, down to business.
    Glass of wine, Villa Maria, New Zealand, Sauvignon Blanc. Put out your glass.

Ok, women. Sorry Tinmantu. If all men wanted was young, fit, attractive women, why are most of them married...to women who were? And most I know for a long time.

I think its easy to generalize. We will just have to face it, the population of singles in our age group is absolutely nothing like it was in our teens and twenties. And yes men do have the advantage, reproductively, for the younger. I find it interesting, not political, that Edwards wife is ten + years older, had children at 49 and 51. An exception, I know...

• marilou
    19 years ago

Walks, are you saying that young, attractive, and fit women aren't the only women men want? That they will be interested in women that used to be that way but time and gravity took its toll?

Hmmm... maybe I should 'let myself go'?

• Wings2W
    19 years ago

My S/O would always say he didn't wasn't the "baby-sitting" type and had little attraction to younger women. Maturity does come with age to some at least.

I do think many older couples are still together because it's to darn expensive to consider otherwise. Neither wants to start over socially or financially. Most I work with are younger, starting their careers and waiting for a lightbulb to go off as to how to pay off accumulated debt. Of course, there are exceptions. The before mentioned (earlier post) person playing with someone almost 15 yrs. his junior. We're all waiting for everything hit the fan.

I try to be thankful for what I had. Being married and alone would be worse than being single.

Wing

• Tinmantu
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Whew, I'm staying out of this one....give women some absolut and they become indians on firewater looking for scalps...lol...tinman bowing out and keeping the hair he has

• walksalone
    19 years ago

I just dont think statistics bear out that all these 40,50,60 year old men are marrying 20 year olds. I have a 21 year old neice, who thinks that age category is ewwwwww.

Yes in the single ads, it is seen alot. I think they are dreaming or trying for a fanatasy. In reality, if marriage is the goal, I dont see it. I read the paper with the marriage licenses are listed, and hardly see this.

I just see a lot of long term marraiges, and if young and svelte is all a man wants, who would have a chance. Not everyone woman who is and has been married may meet that criteria.

Hollywood and the Rich & Famous are to me, a whole subreal subset of society, that I place no value on. It gets alot of publicity where 40 year old Cage married the 20 year old waitress. What will we hear in six months?

And I have had no absolut, and I never pull hair.:)

• Tinmantu
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Glad you don't Walks....I have none to spare at this time...heh......but I will add that I am not one of those that fantasizes about a younger woman....being an old man of 46 now, I might consider a late 30's woman, but I really prefer somone my own age or a little older...just a maturity thing with me....as far as the figure of the person goes, I look at the person first and foremost...I love a woman with a brain.

• marilou
    19 years ago

It's safe to come out, Mike. I only scalp a guy when he has it coming. ;o)

Oh now Hollywood, that really is something, isn't it? I'm most offended when an older guy (eg Harrison Ford) is cast with a much younger leading lady (eg Ann Heche) in a romantic role. Movies are a powerful cultural influence and us sexy older women don't need guys believing what the movies show! I'm 48, BTW.

• kayjones
    19 years ago

Well, I am 54 years young, and still a hotty (damn, it's hot in here), so the men in MY LIFE have to have more between the ears and LESS around the belt line. It takes a really smart man to know a good woman, no matter her age. I have never dated an 'older' guy, but I can say a LOT about those younger guys (though close to my age) - wooooohhoooooo will suffice!!!!

• walksalone
    19 years ago

I guess I am going off topic.

I just bought a stereo system. Man, I have felt soo deprived, since it was taken in the break in. Can you hear me?

My car has a stereo system where the bass massages your back. But this, I have sooooooo missed.

Listening to a CD of Tracy Chapman, Start All Over. AHHHHHHHHH.

• Tinmantu
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Glad you got a stereo again walks....check out check out Tracy Chapmans album New Beginning some time...Thats the one that has "give me one reason" on it....also one called "Remember the Tinman"...good album

• walksalone
    19 years ago

Yes, Timnamtu, it is the one I am listening to. I did find it funny to see the title of a song
    "Remember the Tinman". I was soooo hoping to use it in our games!

• Tinmantu
    Original Author
    19 years ago

It describes me in a lot of ways....but you can still use it...I won't tell...my lips are sealed

• marilou
    19 years ago

Geez, it's LOUD in here! All the vibration from that bass of yours is shaking my windows!

That must be one nice stereo!

• walksalone
    19 years ago

Actually, its a cheapo combo, but 300 watts, it does rock. I sooo missed it.

Now, I have to moan. Yes, my A/C went out Sunday. Its in the high nineties. Service came out today, I need a new fan motor, he doesnt have it on truck, supply stores are closed. Another hot night for me. Wahahahahahahah, I cannot stand it.

And I only have myself to blame. Its an old 32 yr old system, its time, but I just kept eeeeking it out.

It does make me glad to go to work! I run a heater the whole time I am there. :((

• Tinmantu
    Original Author
    19 years ago

get a couple estimates on the motor Walks....if it costs over 150 to 175 to replace, get a third opinion

• walksalone
    19 years ago

Tinamntu, do you know how many days it would take to get a second or third estimate? It has just now hit 100, and everyones A/C is not working just right, I know you do!

I had an old retired guy from the A/c business to service and repair for me years ago. He replaced the motor, at the amount you quoted from the supply company and did not charge me retail. Sigh, he is gone. I know I could have gone to the supply store and got it myself, but time from work and the repair person is going to look and me say? So I paid $225, plus one service call, even though they came out twice.

So now a little poorer, but AHHHHHHHH,

I will pick your brain later when I start getting estimates on a new system, if I may? I have been reading the h&A forum for a year, so I am overloaded with info. Do I want a Carrier, well, I dont know until I know I can afford it, and then I need three bids. So on. And I ask people, well most just bought the house with an existing system. So it seems only those with new builds would know. It is tough to get info. These systems last 20-30 years, but the contractor then is not usuallly here now putting them in.

Sorry all, I am way off topic.

AHHHHHH, it is cooling down!!!!!

Sponsored