SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marilou_gw

Rough day for pet owner

marilou
19 years ago

Hi everyone, I just need to talk. Ever have one of those days?

I awakened this morning to find my very dear kitty bloodied and dirty after being attacked by some sort of animal. Her jaw was broken, one leg broken, and a tooth broke off. She is a very beautiful cat and this discovery made the bottom fall out of my heart. I didn't know if she would have to be euthanized or what.

Long story short, she is still alive and in ICU at the university hospital, recovering from surgery and bite wounds. She isn't quite out of the woods yet, but things are looking hopeful.

This is traumatic to me on several levels, a big one of which is that she helped me survive the death of my husband. We have been through unspeakable pain together since I got her shortly after his death. She has given me another live body in the house. Someone to touch. Someone that loves me. Someone to talk to, to play with, to cuddle. And today, I was harshly reminded that her loving companionship could be lost.

I am sorrowful that she is in pain because of me, because I let her go outside. Her life was jeopardized by my own hand. I want to hold her near and dear and comfort her but can't because she isn't here. I feel the emptiness in the house and find myself looking for her out the corner of my eye. My head knows she'll be back, but tonight my heart aches.

Thanks for listening. [sniff]

Comments (32)

Sponsored