SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mjmercer

Cars!

mjmercer
18 years ago

OK: Gene got us talking about cool cars (how's that Miata doin' btw?). So I figured I'd start a thread devoted to the topic. Specifically, what was the sweetest car you've ever owned? A muscle car? A luxury sedan? A hatchback that ran and ran and never caused you a minute's worth of trouble?

I'll start.

Believe it or not, the BEST car I ever owned was a four-door 1996 Geo Metro sedan. Five-speed with all the other options I could ever ask for: a/c, cassette deck with CD player (which I didn't even notice for the first year I owned the car! lolol), exquisite dependability. That car never let me down for one second. Foolish me: I sold it and bought a 1991 BMW 318iS. Now THAT was a lousy car! Whatta piece o' junk. If only I'd listened to my gut and my mechanic.

I put up with the BMW for two years and finally dumped it for yet another four-door Metro sedan. This one doesn't have the CD player, which I came to love in the other Metro. It's also an automatic, and I would prefer a stick shift. But it's got the same perkiness and dependability that I loved in my first Metro.

Moral of my story: no more BMWs! (typed in my best Joan Crawford voice)

OK, who's next?

Karen

Comments (3)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH