SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daisyduckworth

Are you the right one for the job??

Daisyduckworth
20 years ago

We've talked about the sort of person we'd like to find to share our lives (if we are that way inclined), so here's a new twist on the usual 'tall, dark, handsome, considerate, sober, SOH' stuff.

Since I've had to take the role of the following in my life at some time:

mother, psychologist, cleaner, chef, scullery maid, dietician, laundry-woman, gardener, marketing expert, economist, tactitian/strategist, business-adviser, banker, diplomat, child-care expert, hostess, waitress, day-nurse, night-nurse, chauffeur, painter/plasterer, seamstress, wardrobe controller, hairdresser, beautician, sports coach, fitness trainer, handy(wo)man, ghost-buster, runner-around-with pooper-scooper, bottle-washer, lover-extraordinaire, general factotum and dogsbody/gopher (etc);

I think it's only fair and reasonable that any male wanting to share his life with me should be prepared to take on the following roles:

electrician, plumber, carpenter/builder, bricklayer, car mechanic, fencing contractor, gutter-cleaner, tiler, carpet-cleaner, landscape designer/gardener, painter/plasterer, computer whizz, TV and VCR repairman, breadwinner, bodyguard, food-tester extraordinaire, furniture removalist, garbage putter-outer, interior designer, handyman, Mr Fix-it, knight of chivalry/dragon-killer, lover-extraordinaire, general factotum, and dogsbody/gopher (etc). (I don't need the child-carer any more, but some might add this to their list!)

Don't you agree?

Comments (6)

Sponsored