Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Interesting Observation

Posted by DADoES (My Page) on
Sun, May 18, 03 at 23:41

It appears that 99.9999% of the posts here are women. There apparently are no more single men . . . perhaps that's why you ladies are single??

:-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Interesting Observation

Maybe, but I doubt it. I think women are inherently more verbal and more inclined to talk about feelings, experiences, etc. Many men will give you the facts and/or their opinion but are less inclined to embellish or analyze interpersonal interactions. Mind you, this is a very broad generalization. Maybe the fellows are hanging out on the tractor forum...hmmm. I can learn to like tractors...yeah, that's the ticket!

o

It's an interesting observation but I think the conclusion is off base. I'm betting that the majority of single women who post here are single by choice. What say ye, ladies?

Teri

o

Single by choice - shall stay that way, even tottering off into the sunset smiling as I say that!)
Lilo

o

Definitely NOT single by choice! I've found that men are like parking spaces - all the good ones are taken, and the rest are Handicapped or too far away. There certainly is a distinct shortage in this forum!

o

Daisy, I love that bit about the parking spaces. LOL!

Personally, I'm open to possibilities.

o

Remember that "single by choice" can mean any number of things, including but not limited to:

-I've decided that I want to be single for my entire/the rest of my life.

-I've decided to leave a relationship I was in. Therefore I'm single by choice.

-I've chosen to stay single until I meet someone I really want to be with.

etc.

o

It's more like I'm divorced by choice Being single is the end result.Would I ever get married again? I doubt it at my age unless ..... who knows. Guess anything is possible.

o

Maybe there should be a post for Widows and Widowers. We are single. But not by choice. We would enjoy the conversation with other not by choice singles.

o

I would be surprised if there were a lot of men posting on this site. Doesn't seem like their thing for the reasons browntoestoo pointed out. I have several single male friends and I have found that they don't much like talking about the single life. Some guys figure, if there's no goal or point to the conversation, why dwell on it.

My brother lives in Germany, I hardly ever see him, and once when he came to visit I invited him to go out with a group of my friends on Friday after work and he declined, saying "I don't want to be the rooster in the hen house!" I was so pissed off at him! Excuse me, my friends just happened to be single women! I wouldn't knock going out with his male buddies! My friends wanted to meet my brother only because they knew he was important to me and they were my friends. He lived in another country, they hardly expected to get set up with him. But I made the mistake of calling it "ladies night out" and that was the end of it for my brother.

Anyway, it is a rare fellow who has the gift of gab and wants to just chat with the ladies. At least that's been my experience. Sometimes that is a great quality, something I love about men, the focus on tasks rather than talk.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here