SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joulesr4me

Married folks

joulesR4me
18 years ago

Okay --- just gotta vent and hope that someone here will put me in my place ...I'm just sick-n-tired of the married guys hitting on me & my friends. With me, it doesn't go far --- I just pretend that they MUST be kidding. I have no interest in a relationship with a single guy at this moment - let alone a leach. But, two of my close friends are both involved with married guys and two other friends are constantly being *tempted*. Friend L: has been swooning with guy for three years --- he says he's unhappy - never sees his wife because of her extensive travel and wants out. Yea, that's between their vacations together and purchasing a house. Why does she contininue to believe he has any intention of leaving??? Friend J: has been dating married guy for two & a half years. He's been telling her that he's waiting for this insurance thing or that estate thing ever since. She's constantly giving him the "ultimatim". Lasts about two days. Other friend has been pining with married guy for about 5 years (they're both married - but would never leave or hurt their spouses). For years I've been going along with the stories --- never showing any disaproval, etc. Heck, I was unhappily married and might have done something questionable --- but I didn't, I left the marriage. It WAS NOT easy - I had nothing - but at least my self-esteem and a few rules. But what's really getting my goat right now is the constant cries "oh, he's such a great guy". What???? They each do seem great - handsome, social, educated, etc. But there's one hitch --- hey girls, he's married!!!!! This is a big character flaw - married and willing to have a long (or short) term affair. I don't think I can hold back any longer and am afraid I will loose these friends with my impending outburst ... I know this post is a mess - and I should delete it, but my membership is nearing it's end and I just gotta get this off my chest. Maybe it'll help keep my lips smiling for a few more weeks. I'm probably good for a few more "I know honey - it'll be okay. He is really a great guy and his wife is crazy. Some day you two will make such a great couple."

Comments (4)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH