SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gurley157fs

Keeping in Touch

gurley157fs
16 years ago

Well folks, I do think that the coffee shop may have run it's course.

I have really gotten attached to a few friends here and have been excited to see new faces from time to time. So I'm starting a new thread so that hopefully we will continue to keep in touch.

I have been busy in the garden and am posting a link to some spring pictures. I am not posting actual pics because if I remember correctly some of us are on dial-up and that really makes reading these threads difficult.

The yard and gardens are ALMOST completely organic at this time. I have yet to figure out how to have beautiful roses without chemicals but IÂm working on it. There is a new water feature to accomodate our many frogs and lizards. And I just learned about Monarch habitat certification and that will give me an excuse to dream up a whole new garden.

The Iris Festival was the 'happening thing' in my little town this weekend. One of these days I'll go - it is free after all - but there are so many PEOPLE there. The only reason I really want to go is because I'm told there are a lot of locally made crafts there but honestly I'm uncomfortable in the crowds.

Gene and Gerry, have you been to the Iris Festival?

I met a couple friends through garden web that I have corresponded with a few times over the last couple of years. I am going to see thier garden in a couple of weeks - I am really excited! About two years ago I got to tour the garden of another person I met on gardenweb and it was a real Garden of Eden. They were the nicest people and I am hoping this trip will be just as fun.

Comments (8)

Sponsored