Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
FYI - Bankruptcy

Posted by gneegirl (My Page) on
Thu, May 8, 08 at 19:22

I knew from GW about L&T, but not about BB&B. I had heard a bout Circuit City and Sharper Image. Circuit City is selling on a major TV shopping network. They may be going to just that. Also heard Bombay may be coming back as online or under another name with online. hmmm - life as we know it sure is changing. Anyway, FYI - see below.

Subject: The Following Companies Just Filed for Bankruptcy

Hollywood Video
Levitz
Sharper Image
Performance Team Freight
Linens n Things
Circuit City
Bed, Bath and Beyond

If you have gift cards from the above list use them ASAP, they will
not be valid for much longer.

PASS THE WORD.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: FYI - Bankruptcy

Wow gng, thanks for the info. I was just at BB&B and didn't use up all of my gift card!

o

Oh no -- Linens 'n Things and BB&B are my favorite shops in the whole world! Just last night I picked out 2 or 3 comforter sets for my spare room. Here's a question for savier shoppers than me: Should I buy them now, or wait until their GOOB sales?

o

Probably won't be any GOOB sales worth waiting for. Nowadays a company comes in to manage this kind of thing and THEY want money. Not sure that they are closing though. I love L&T and BB&B is a 2nd. There is one up the street so I think I've worn out the newness for BB&B.

o

"I think I've worn out the newness for BB&B." LOL. I don't shop there often, but I sure hope they don't close. I got a great Farberware non-stick 10" pan that's dishwasher-safe and oven proof for $10 off.

So declaring bankruptcy doesn't necessarily mean going out of business. I guess they could be bought out by another company, huh?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here