Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I changed the catbox today!!!

Posted by Tinmantu (My Page) on
Sun, May 9, 04 at 17:52

For inquiring minds that wanted to know it's clean again.....as far as the BM thing, lets just say the bran muffin hasn't kicked in yet :) More news to come.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
ooops

oops wrong forum...NM
(just for you, jc)

o
RE: I changed the catbox today!!!

Kitcats *love* clean litter.

So, your point is?

To talk about BM, what about hairballs, UTD, nail sheaths? At least it is not me.

I will not again mention if I took an animal to the vet, or my worry.

I, at this point would not insult you with any of my medical problems. But you seem to be sooooo sympathetic to others. Very contrary position, Tinmantu.

People come to forums to find support, if it fits or it doesnt. I see people make it fit for them, in places you may not. Whether recovering from surgery, what I think you read, is different from everyday. If you had surgery, BM is important. You took it out of context. If you have had major surgery, you would know. I resent the making fun of others. I have learned so much from the forums. There are questions posted, I wont ask, but because they did, I may ....

Good Litter to you!

o

I took nothing out of context Walks....I promise that no bowel movements were harmed in the making of my post above and I wasn't referring to any specic post OR person on any other board, as I don't go anywhere but here and the AC board on gardenweb....to be honest, if my post coincides with a bowel movement thread anywhere, it is just that...coincidental (with a little bit of irony mixed in, you have to admit) ...my apologies to anyone that has BM problems and I hope everything comes out ok...next time I will just talk about male dysfunction :)

Damn, I could be president with all the apologizing that I am doing...lol

o
and to add

Walks if you read my comments on another thread you will see how this all got started....I am there for ANYONE that has a bad day....And I will be for ANYONE ....if you doubt that, try me.....It was all in reply to jc's question of how often I change the catbox and recommending bran muffins....my sense of humor is obviously offbase for some..I won't apologize for that....I yam what I yam

o

I plead insanity.

If our joking (admitedly in poor taste) offended any one, I am sorry. I thought the tinman was making a general reference to what he considered foolish topics for discussion, and not referring to anything specific.

It was pretty tacky of us under any circumstance. Point taken.

You apologize right well tinman. Maybe you should run for office ;-)

jc

o

I will, eat litter. Okay? I interpreted something different.

Life...or litter...happens!

o

It's all good Walks....it was in poor taste, I agree....just please don't eat the litter until you get my latest recipe for killer meatloaf....litter is a good binder but shouldn't be eaten by itself

o

Food and the cat box all in one thread! Must be time for a link to the Kitty Kitter Cake recipe!

Don't bother saving any for me, you are more than welcome to my share!

Eileen

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitty Litter Cake recipe

o

LOL....good one Eileen..I think I'll pass on that recipe myself, I just don't think I have the stomach for that, even if I know it's food...heh.....damn glad to see you back!!!...I took it you were leaving for the week on AIM or I would have been looking in sooner

o

This is more like it! Humor! LizAnne

o

OK, that was waaaaaay back in May! Is that poor cat still pooping in the same litter? Poor thing!!!

I've made that kitty litter cake, and none of us could eat it! LoL It looked so real. Even tho we KNEW it was cake and pudding, it was just too gross. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at watching people NOT eat before! We were practically falling off our chairs. It's good as an ice breaker, if not as a dessert!

Jean

o

I just had to post this letter I got the other day. It seem's so appropiate, I hope it will be received in the spirt it is/was intended.. Here it is!

Homemade Brownies

We become desensitized a little bit at a time...Some years ago, I walked into my office after a Sunday morning service to find a sandwich bag on my desk containing three chocolate brownies. Some thoughtful and anonymous
person who knew my love for chocolate had placed them there, along with a piece of paper that had a short story written on it. I immediately sat down and began eating the first brownie as I read the following story.

Two teenagers asked their father if they could go to the theater to watch a movie that all their friends had seen. After reading some reviews about the movie on the Internet, he denied their request.

"Ah dad, why not?" they complained. "It's rated PG-13, and we're both older than thirteen!"

Dad replied: "Because that movie contains nudity and portrays immorality as being normal and acceptable behavior."

"But dad, those are just very small parts of the movie! That's what our friends who've seen it have told us. The movie is two hours long and those scenes are just a few minutes of the total film! It's based on a true story and good triumphs over evil, and there are other redeeming themes like
courage and self-sacrifice. Even the movie review websites say that!"

"My answer is 'no,' and that is my final answer. You are welcome to stay home tonight, invite some of your friends over, and watch one of the good videos we have in our home collection. But you will not go and watch that
film. End of discussion."

The two teenagers walked dejectedly into the family room and slumped down on the couch. As they sulked, they were surprised to hear the sounds of their father preparing something in the kitchen. They soon recognized the
wonderful aroma of brownies baking in the oven, and one of the teenagers said to the other, "Dad must be feeling guilty, and now he's going to try to make it up to us with some fresh brownies. Maybe we can soften him with
lots of praise when he brings them out to us, and persuade him to let us go to that movie after all."

About that time I began eating the second brownie from the sandwich bag and wondered if there was some connection to the brownies I was eating and the brownies in the story. I kept reading.

The teens were not disappointed. Soon their father appeared with a plate of warm brownies, which he offered to his kids. They each took one.

Then their father said, "Before you eat, I want to tell you something: "I love you both so much."

The teenagers smiled at each other with knowing glances. Dad was softening.

"That is why I've made these brownies with the very best ingredients.
I've made them from scratch. Most of the ingredients are even organic; the best organic flour, the best free-range eggs, the best organic sugar, premium vanilla and chocolate."

The brownies looked mouthwatering, and the teens began to become a little impatient with their dad's long speech.

"But I want to be perfectly honest with you. There is one ingredient I added that is not usually found in brownies. I got that ingredient from our own back yard. But you needn't worry, because I only added the tiniest bit of that ingredient to your brownies. The amount of the portion is practically insignificant. So go ahead, take a bite and let me know what you think."

"Dad, would you mind telling us what that mystery ingredient is before we eat?"

"Why? The portion I added was so small. Just a teaspoonful. You won't even taste it ."

"Come on, dad; just tell us what that ingredient is."

Don't worry! It is organic, just like the other ingredients. "

"Dad!!!"

"Well, OK, if you insist. That secret ingredient is organic...dog poop."

I immediately stopped chewing that second brownie and I spit it out into the waste basket by my desk. I continued reading, now fearful of the paragraphs that still remained.

Both teens instantly dropped their brownies back on the plate and began inspecting their fingers with horror. "DAD! Why did you do that? You've tortured us by making us smell those brownies cooking for the last half
hour, and now you tell us that you added dog poop! We can't eat these brownies!"

"Why not? The amount of dog poop is very small compared to the rest of the ingredients. It won't hurt you. It's been cooked right along with the other ingredients. You won't even taste it. It has the same consistency as the brownies. Go ahead and eat!"

"No, Dad...NEVER! "

"And that is the same reason I won't allow you to go watch that movie.
You won't tolerate a little dog poop in your brownies, so why should you tolerate a little immorality in your movies? We pray that God will not lead us unto temptation, so how can we in good conscience, entertain ourselves with something that will imprint a sinful image in our minds that will lead
us into temptation long after we first see it?"

I discarded what remained of the second brownie, as well as the entire untouched third brownie. What had been irresistible a minute ago had become detestable. And only because of the very slim chance that what I was eating was slightly polluted. (Surely it wasn't...but I couldn't convince myself.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here