Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does anyone know of any 'travel for singles' resources?

Posted by Marilou (My Page) on
Thu, May 13, 04 at 14:28

I am getting vacation fever and have not enjoyed going alone. Does anyone know of any vacation packages geared toward singles? Cruises, air/hotel/tour packages, etc?

I've looked at a couple on the web but keep running into x-rated spam-type problems. I'm looking for something on the up-and-up, not a fly-by-night operation or meet-for-sex type thing.

Thanks!
M.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does anyone know of any 'travel for singles' resources?

I don't mind traveling or vacationing alone myself but I know what you mean. A single person cruise would be nice for many reasons if the point was NOT to couple up but to take a safe, classy vacation.

I sublet an apartment near the beach in San Diego (found it on Craig's list) for a month last year and the year before I drove down to the Gulf Coast (out of season cheap) and spent a couple of weeks. I watch for cheap airline tickets and make plans around them. I want to go and tramp around New England next.

There is a travel forum here that used to be quite active. I am home/workbound for awhile, but I am saving and planning.

jc

o

I heard about a Christian singles cruise last year - leaving from my neck of the woods - Tampa Florida... I can see if anything like that exists again. Certainly not the rated - x type! But maybe too stuffy for some...

I'll see what I can dig up.

Barbara_Tampa

o

I was wrong. The forum here is "Vacations" and "Family Vacations" on the inside.

The cheap tickets to London have been tempting me for years.

o

I've traveled alone too, but that's the way my last six trips have been and the next time around I'd like to try something else. Classy and safe--those are the right words to describe what I'd like!

I'll check out the travel forum. BTW, what is Craig's List?

M.

o

here it is

Here is a link that might be useful: craigslist

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here