Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mother's Day Greetings!

Posted by gneegirl (My Page) on
Sun, May 10, 09 at 13:37

Just a quick note to say, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, to you and yours! We have WONDERFUL weather today - glistening,clear blue and sunny skies. No humidity and a great breeze. The temp is perfect, even with the breeze. Couldn't ask for a better day. (Why am I not on a boat somewhere!!)

My Mom isn't with us any longer, but I know she is still having a wonderful day. I thank God that he shared her with me for the time that she walked this Earth, and gave her the courage,love and wisdom, that she gave to me. I pass that foward to you, and hope everyone is enjoying their day.

gneegirl

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mother's Day Greetings!

Hope your day was beautiful, gng, although your loved ones are in heaven! If you recall, my son is also in heaven.

I called my mom in AZ, met my family at church, afterwards we went to my DD's home for lunch, then we had reservations at 3:45 PM to see "Earth" in Hollywood. It was a blessed day.

In the morning, I called my DD to wish her a Happy Mother's Day. She said my GS, age 12, was making breakfast for her. Then, she whispered and said, he has been making breakfast for the past two hours! Anyway, she finally got to eat, LOL!

o
RE: Mother's Day Greetings!

Hi Eloise.

Yes, we do have special ones smiling down on us, and at this point, I'm glad we have the strength to look up and smile back. It's tough to do that on days like Mother's day, but we have been given a gift that allows us to do that. Big hug to you on that one!

I'm lmao at your DGS. I guess your daughter had brunch, huh. But then, lunch afterward...OMG. What a full day.

I hadn't heard about "Earth". I know you had a great time spending the day with your family.

I ended up cleaning out my hall closet - a real Mother's Day gift to me, for sure. It really needed it. I wish I didn't like all my coats, but I actually think I have a thing for coats and jackets. Some are from %%**## years ago!! Now at least they are all on hangers and not stuffed and crumpled on the floor. Luckily I have more 2 extra closets for that - whew! After that, I cleaned me up and visited outside with my neighbors. It was such a beautiful day, I decided to get a new propane tank and clean up the grill for dinner. Too bad I was too pooped to cook anything on it. I ended up grabbing a bratwurst that my neighbor had cooked on her grill. The day turned out great though.

Good to hear from you!

gneegirl

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here