SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cube1067

Any thoughts on the real 'Runaway Bride'?

cube1067
18 years ago

Yeah...girlfriend goes jogging Tuesday night...never comes back home....supposed to be getting married on Saturday. Boyfriend notifies authorities. A few days later girlfriend calls home saying she was kidnapped. Then she calls home AGAIN and says it was all a hoax...she ran away because she had doubts about getting married.

Hmph! My thought is that the boyfriend played the media card for sympathy. He knew that girl didn't want to marry him wholeheartedly. What better way to look like the innocent victim than to call in the authorities and act like you are totally surprised that she disappeared. I'd hesitate marrying anyone who either 1)did not know me well enough to know I was petrified about taking that step or 2) manipulates situations to his advantage.

Supposedly, the wedding is back on. I want to tell her "Girlfriend, pay attention to those instincts! Don't do it!"

A similar thing happened in my state about 2 years ago. A woman told her hubby she was going to Wendy's, about 10:30 PM. She never came back. Hubby alerted police; police found her car with her purse in it in the Wendy's lot. About 2 weeks later it was revealed that wife went off with another man. You can't tell me hubby had no idea about wifey wanting out of the marriage. But he called the media and played the distraught husband for all it was worth.

Comments (8)

Sponsored