SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eloise_ca

happy (belated) birthday jo!!!!!

eloise_ca
15 years ago

Gosh Jo, we missed your birthday on April 8 -- you need to update your member's page. Hope it was a wonderful one, AND I know you were surrounded by your grandkid(s)! Anyway, keep celebrating your birthday for as long as you can. Cheers!

Comments (13)

• kayjones
    15 years ago

Teeeheeee, Eloise - I have NO IDEA where that birthdate, on my profile, came from - yep, I was born on April 8, 1950.

Thank you for the kind wish - I had a wonderful day, surrounded by my two adorable Grandsons! They were here for a week, and left this morning. My house is so clean and quiet - I'll opt for kids and clutter!!!!

We need to stir some controversy on this forum - it seems everyone has moved on AGAIN!

• gneegirl
    15 years ago

Controversy - so what do you want me to do????!!!

Hey there Jo - ever soooooo sorry that I missed your birthday, but I'm sending my belated birthday greetings now. I'm so happy your grandkids were there with you - that makes it special. Yeah, the empty house is a let-down sometimes but we're still here.

Thanks Eloise for reminding us about Jo's birthday. As much I think those days are super special in one's life, I surely should have remembered!! OK, that means we get to have a extra special party!! Calling all TSLers!!

WHERE IS EVERYONE!!!!

gng

• kayjones
    15 years ago

Mary, you are so nice - I think everyone's gone to the moon!

I will find something to scrap about - give me a minute or two - I'll be bauck!

• eloise_ca
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Jo, I think when they redid GW, the default must have been January 1 for everyone's birth date, but some actually were corrected. Did you get a cake, go out to dinner, etc., to celebrate your b.d. with your grandsons? How old are they? You know, it's great to have a clean house, but as you, I prefer to have the family around. You can always go back to cleaning when they leave.

gng, what does TSL stand for? Hope all is well with you. Guess everyone has spring fever and are out of the house doing great things with no time left for the computer! Can't say I blame them though.

A lady from the brug site send some of us lotus rhizomes, and mine is sprouting! I am just thrilled and can't wait until it is larger. This is the first lotus I've had. Actually, once I sprouted some seeds, but they ended up dying before fully developed. At least with the rhizome, you are ahead of the game.

Are you still celebrating Jo, LOL!!!!

• kayjones
    15 years ago

TSL = The Single Life forum

I DID get a cake, went out to dinner, and just got so many nice cards. I got a coffee cup that's insulated and has a PROPELLER in the bottom - to keep my hot chocolate stirred! LOL

The best gift was that my babies were with me! I will post some pictures of them a bit later. No, I'm not still celebrating - it's over until next year!

• kayjones
    15 years ago

Here is a picture of my Grandsons. The oldest one is Devin, and he is 6. The younger one is Darin, and he is 4.

I'm sorry - this isn't a good picture of them - let me try again.

• kayjones
    15 years ago

Here is one of Gramma and Darin, who is 4 years old, and LOVES his Gramma!! Gramma hates how she looks, but that's how it is! LOL

• kayjones
    15 years ago

Here's one at the restaurant, where we ate dinner on my birthday (of course, they had an audience, and had to act out!:

• kayjones
    15 years ago

They really ARE NOT retarded - they just act that way, sometimes! LOL Here is Devin, aged 6, planting acorns.

• gneegirl
    15 years ago

Hey Jo - didn't you know acting out in front of an audience is noraml; looks like those handsome young guys are having a great time for Grandma's birthday!! Was that ketchup spread out on that plate - yummy, good for FFs! The grans are are adorable - well, I guess I shouldn't say that because they are aren't babies anymore. But they are pretty darn handsome - could break some young girl's heart when they get older. Was that pic at the table (the one in the house) at your house. It is so bright and cheery.

BTW, thanks for explaining TSL. Oh, and you gotta share taht perpeller cup. That sounds like a pretty nifty toy.

Hi eloise. I think you are right - Spring Fever is here for sure. I just bought a new grill and can't wait to try it out. Then I'll be out, right there with the grill. My neighbor was supposed to pick it up Friday but I think he was just plain tired and didn't want to say it. He told me he would pick it up early Sat but I went to a Prayer Breakfast for the United Negro Women's Conference and couldn't go until later in the afternoon(I take my 86yo aunt every year and it is such an enlightening experience being around so many empowered women so I don't mind having to leave the house at 7AM on a Satuday!! The food is good too!). My neighbor never responded to my calls after I got back but showed up early this morning. I was a litle disappointed because yesterday was perfect weather for grilling and enjoying the patio. It was a little cold to try to get it all set up today. Besides, even though I told my neighbor it would take 2 or 3 guys to move the thing, he didn't line anyone up to help (MEN, they just don't listen!!!). So it was just the 2 of us trying to pick that darn thing up over the side of a pickup truck. I was so tired after that fiasco that I really didn't feel like dealing with it. It's all put together, but hooking up the tank and leveling it, and learning how to use the contraption, etc, just wasn't going to happen today. If it's nice tomorrow, maybe I'll throw a burger or two on, after work. Here's a funny - we eventually had to slide the grill down a make-shift ramp. My neighbor tilted it to the side and I held it until he could jump down off the truck and help slide it down the ramp. While I was waiting for him to help hold it, ALL the wait was on my chest. Boy, I would rather have had the reduction surgery -- LOL!! That thing was soooo heavy - my arms feel like wet noodles for sure! OK, long story, but excited about the grill and after all is said and done, it turned out to be pretty funny how the thing ended up on my patio. Hope my neighbors weren't taking pics!!

Anyway, glad you too are doing OK (and hope everyone else is too). Eloise, how's your car (hope I don't jinx you by asking)? Jo, are you hanging in there? How's your painting coming along? Really happy your birthday turned out to be a good week for ya.

Hugs to ya! Off to get ready for another week at work.

gng

• kayjones
    15 years ago

Mary, I haven't painted since before the kids arrived. I have a class on Thursday, so need to get something going before then.

Thanks for the nice compliments on my young fellas - they are the loves of my life - can't wait to go and fly them back the first week of June! They will be here for 6 weeks, and their mom will drive up and get them the third week of July. We already have gobs of stuff planned - fishing, the water park, hiking, walking the dog, going to Walmart to buy toys, to Borders to buy books - I'm exhausted already! LOL

It sounds as if your grill-ordeal was major! I hope you didn't strain your milk, lifting and holding that heavy piece of equipment. Maybe the food that you grill on it will taste sweeter, ya think?

• eloise_ca
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Jo, your grandsons are so handsome! I am so glad they were there to make your b.d. so special. Yep, leave it to the kids to clown around. So you've got them painting. I was just thinking of getting a canvas and paints out for my 1 1/2 y.o. granddaughter to do something for mother's day for my DD. I did this with my other two so know she will be happy with whatever my grandbaby does. She already has lots of experience -- she painted the wall over her toddler bed, LOL! I bought her some washable pens and a tablet, and now she has written on her sheet, tablet, her Elmo chair, herself and now the wall. As I said, it is washable, whew!

I just hate having my picture taken because invariably the camera ALWAYS catches, the eyes closed, or the mouth opened, or some other unhappy look, LOL!

gng, that must have been pretty exhausting getting that bbq to your patio. But, your description of holding the bbq while your neighbor got off the truck is funny, although painful, OUCH! God bless your aunt, and you for taking her to the prayer breakfast. I know she must truly appreciate you for doing that.

About my car: I got a response to my letter from the Jeep Co. They sent me to another Jeep dealership about 17 miles away, but that was fine. They treated me so nice there and showed me several things that were wrong, like a switch that was leaking, some screws that weren't holding the oil pan, and my battery cables. Since the fluctuating of the rpms didn't register when they hooked up the car, they couldn't pinpoint what the problem might be. Anyway, the leak is taken care of and a couple other things, but I did have one occasion when the rpms went up again :-( I suppose what I have to do is leave my car with them to drive until it revs up so they can see that first hand.

• kayjones
    15 years ago

Eloise, if it's revving up like that, without your help, it sounds like the gas pedal might be grabbing - that happened to me. When the boys' dad was two months old, I was on my way to my MIL's house, 45 miles away. I was doing the-then 55 mph on a straight stretch of highway, when out of the blue, my car raced up to 80 mph, and I couldn't stop it! I finally had sense enough to turn the key to the off position and it finally stopped, but I was shaking so badly, I couldn't get out of the car.

I finally was able to gather enough body strength to get my child and walk across the highway to a farmhouse, where I called my husband. It was a horrible experience, and could have taken our lives!

California has a very strict 'lemon law' where cars are concerned - I would get ahold of the attorney general so fast - they need to totally replace that car!

My Grandsons have loved to paint since they were able to hold a paint brush. I used to mix food coloring in bubble bath, and let them paint the bathtub and tile walls in the bath enclosure, which of course, washed right off. I never, however, ever left them alone with those 'paints'!

Sponsored
VA's Foremost Professional Roofing & Siding Craftsmen