SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joulesr4me

Ever feel like you can't do it all ...

joulesR4me
19 years ago

It seems like about once a month everything goes crazy at my home. I get so overwhelmed with "trying to do it all" that I just want to cry. I can't of course, no time for that ...

I've been trying to work mandatory OT at work (only 4 hrs per week, but it kills me). And I've also started going back to the gym, putting me out another 1-1/2 hrs a day. School starts in a few weeks and I don't know what is going to give - my saintity?

I haven't gotten home from work until 7:30 pm yet this week, which is typical. I worked my 2 hrs OT Mon & Tues, then went to the gym. Tonight I worked 2 hrs extra to compensate for the 2 hrs I will have to take off tomorrow to take my dog to the vet. On my way home I ran some errands (grocery, pharmacy, post office). By the time I finished putting up the groceries and feeding the dogs it was 8:00. Ran outside to mow the front yard and found the bag that came with the mower is the wrong one - will not fit and the part numbers don't match the owners manual (bought reconditioned mower last year - first time using bag). Course, I spent another hour looking for receipt - nope, can't find it ...

So, I put on a couple loads of laundry. Wiped the crap (literally) off the leather couch (dogs must have stepped in it outside), changed the sheets, fed my face, washed some dishes and now need to do some vacuuming and shower (to get all the dirt that blew out of the mower into my face).

Does anyone else feel overwhelmed about having so much to do and no-one to share it the "duties"? So many people I work with assume my life is full of free time. Don't they remember how much work it is to do everything alone - no one to fix the dinner, laundry, mow, wash the car, clean gutters, shop, get haircut, pay bills, blah blah blah ...

I can usually keep up, barely. But now that I'm spending several nights a week with bf, this back-up in chores is getting more regular. The first thing that I want to *cut* is the gym, but I just gotta drop this weight. And cooking healthy is also taking more time than eating crap (not literally - ha). Well, this is my rant ...

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH