Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A guy and big women

Posted by coolvt (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 24, 11 at 11:56

I am in my mid 60's, eligible, attractive and financially secure. I've met many women through the dating sites. The one problem I run into is that I just can't get interested in over-weight women. It's amazing to me how the women, in their dating profiles, list themselves as average when they are 30-40 lbs overweight. I've come to realize that since they are the size of all of their friends they consider themselves "just average".
Another group will list themselves as "athletic". Some are actually in the shape of an athlete. Others are shaped like football players. Well, I guess they are athletes.
I've never once been able to tell a woman that I wasn't interested because she was over-weight.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A guy and big women

I had a friend a few years back who lost a lot of weight (and kept it off) because someone she worked for told her she was fat. It hurt her deeply, but in the long run it helped her see herself as others did and actually motivated her.

I think anyone who has gone to the trouble of looking online for someone might really appreciate knowing why you're not interested.

o

I think it might be benificial, but I've never been able to bring myself to do that.
An interesting university study rencently had women look at picures of profiles and pick a profile that most closely matched their own. About 2/2rds of the women who were overweight picked a profile smaller than their own. My bet is that men might do the same thing.

o

I bet they do too, VT. It's too bad. The sad thing is that some people actually prefer someone who would be described as "Rubenesque" or "plump," so the people who describe themselves as "slender" or "average" will most likely always be disappointed because those who respond to them will be looking for someone who really is slender -- whereas, if they were honest, they could attract someone who likes them the way they are. (I think that's called a run-on sentence. Oh well...)

o

Don't do internet contact stuff, but.....

Gross inaccuracy would be a no-no, IMHO. Anything close would be OK. None of us see ourselves as others see us. I think there's room for flexibility while remaining in the realm of reality. And lots of "unattractive" people become attractive as we come to know them.

Seems to me, though, that if I responded to an HWP (height weight proportionate) "middle-aged" WF (white female) Christian and a fat, Puerto Rican, atheist 60-year-old showed up, I would be disappointed in the intentional deception. Don't see any sense in that. Wastes everyone's time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here