Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hello

Posted by joulesR4me (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 13, 04 at 11:24

Well, Ive been snooping on this forum for about a year never contributing because I was afraid to subscribe ... or something like that. I check to see if anything is new frequently and am always disappointed when there isnt so Ill try to "help myself" by adding some topics.

I re-entered the single life about 5 years ago and have been loving it! I have enjoyed making choices (both bad & good) that dont directly affect anyone and not having to be too awfully accountable. I spend way too much time with home improvement projects and my dogs. I thought I was a confirmed single gal, but met a nice guy about 6 months ago. We have some Significant differences (age, education, finances, you name it), so I cant begin to predict where this relationship is headed. Regardless, I still consider myself single (even though a couple of my single single girlfriends dont)???? Im looking forward to being part of this forum!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hello

We are THRILLED to welcome you here! This board is always controversial, to say the least. We are all buddys and pals, sharing good and bad, offering support, love and encouragement.

Please, feel free to offer any 'help' you care to - we vent, yell, laugh and cry - welcome to our world - We are thrilled to include you in our family!

Sometimes family members get caught up in the daily routine of living, too busy to be here often, but we always return.

You will really like it here, I feel certain!!!!

o

add my welcome to the many you will receive here! Tell us about your dogs and Florida life in general. Do you garden? Also want to hear about the home improvements.

and, of course, when you know us better, a little more information about the SO ;-)

jc

o

Hi joules!
Need more info on the SO!! I need to live vicariously through others for a while -
looking forward to seeing you on the forum.
Julia

o

Welcome to the board, joules....I look forward to seeing your posts.

o

Welcome joules. Glad you joined the group.

Charlotte

o

Thanks for the warm welcome. I should have put some info on My Page the other evening, but it was already too late when I decided to subscribe Im not particularly computer literate.

Yes, I love to garden! Unfortunately, Ive been so busy with the interior of my home that I havent yet gotten to the exterior. I designed a landscape plan over two years ago and still have yet to start. Maybe this year????

My home projects are all over the place. I have an older home that was probably in "move-in condition", but Im a busy-body. I refinished the wood floors, installed new countertops & "rejuvenated" cabinets, replaced windows, installed lots of lighting, reupholstered a sectional, painted (& repainted) too many times, added 2 decks, and changed decorating styles about a million times, etc. My focus right now is completing my home office. Im starting with the fun part, decorating, and then will tackle the filing.

I have two whippets that I dote on constantly. I feel a huge responsibility to them and worry too much. Most of my matters are put through the "Fur-Kid Filter" before I make a final decision.

Oh, I grew up on the east coast of central FL. Im in the same county that I moved to when I was 4! I cant imagine being away from the ocean. Im a mechanical engineer by trade, but a starving artist at heart. In fact, thats my "queue" if Im out with my friends and they hear me respond to a guy, who asks what I do for a living, "Oh, Im an artist - I paint the names on boats down at the marina," they know I want HELP. I might miss out, but I hadnt been interested in getting to know anyone for years. Ive been truly content with my single life for years.

So, guess you want some info on Mr. Wonderful. Wed known each other for over a year, but with no romantic ideas. After an innocent party and too much Absolut (really - watch that stuff guys) we ended up talking till the next morning. I have no idea what was said, but hes been around ever since! This is the boyfriend Everyone Else had in high school the one that brings you stuffies when youre sick, flowers when your sad (or happy), remembers your first date, etc. A true sweetie and a hottie! Though our "outside" differences are considerable, our personalities and basic values are very similar. My gut warns me that it wont materialize, but I still hope it will

o

~laughing~ "won't materialize"????
sounds like its already materializing to me. Enjoy!

o

IMHO, there is a big difference in "is materializing" and the actual event happening - LOL - most fellas I have known are content to leave it in the 'materializing' stage indefinently! It's up to we gals to say 'time to stop 'materializing' and let's 'materialize' into a couple. That's when many get up and flee for their lives (read wallets). I speak from experience!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here