Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this a red flag, or just weird?

Posted by jeaninwa (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 29, 06 at 9:42

I sent a rather open invitation to someone I'd met and gone out with once to join me for an Arts Walk and parade in a nearby town. He sounded enthusiastic, he wanted to see me again.
He called me last night, and said he really didn't want to do the Arts Walk, just the parade, so he would meet me there. So, instead of having company, I'll be doing the Arts Walk by myself......doesn't that sound like fun??? But, first, could I call him around noon to WAKE HIM UP! I think he thinks I'm his mom.
I said I would, but now I'm rethinking this whole thing.
He's 42 and never been married.

What do you think?

Jean

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this a red flag, or just weird?

I'd push him in front of the first marching band that walks by!

Kidding aside - I think your red flags are well deserved. He does sound like a mommas boy. Call and wake him up? Pleezee...

I agree - the walk part together with someone is half the fun!

Find a girlfriend to go with. I bet you'll have a much better time.

Barbara

o

Wierd and red-flag...42-year-old with social acumen of 13. How're you going to have any fun with that?

o

OMG...he called my cell while I was on the WAY and said he wasn't going to make it.

Then, he called when I was on the way home, and asked if I wanted to see a movie. OK, well, I was driving right by there, and what the heck..I wanted to see the movie. I waited 10 minutes AFTER the movie started, and freakin left. I called him when I got home...and he was still at home! He wanted to know if I wanted to see a later movie, and I said NO...I was DONE.
And, I AM.

Jean

o

Good for you Jean. Had enough of his antics and being jerked around. There are nice and respectful guys out there. Regardless of this is a guy or girl, it's still disrespectful of you and your time.

o

Good job! Guess that explains why he is still single, and always will be!

o

I have learned that the guys who have never been married need to be left that way .............there are reasons, and on the way to learning that, you might have to go through some very painful lessons. I certainnly have. Good job, Jean!!!!!!!

o

I would have done the arts walk just to keep you company.... that said, I find it sexy to get a wake-up call from my GF. It's the next best thing to waking up with her beside me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here