Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where is everyone??

Posted by satine (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 16, 09 at 8:36

Hi all. This forum is really really slow. What is everyone up to or am I the only "single" left? Not much new in my life. Had a nice Easter dinner with my family at my oldes daughter's house. Nice to spend time with the grandkids. I am looking forward to some nice weather this weekend so I can clean the deck up a bit and get some cushions on the chairs. I am ready to be able to sit out and enjoy some sunshine. Anyone have any vacation plans? Let me know what you are up to! Satine

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where is everyone??

Hey there, Satine - I'm still single! You sound like I did last year when it got pretty slow here. I was thinking up all kinds of things to get people to check in.

Not much going on here. I too am waiting for the nice weekend. The guy that cuts my grass finally did it right, after I've been begging since last year. The yard is perfect to begin some planting. Still can't get to that fig tree though, but I may ask my neighbor when/if I see him.

How is everyone else doing? It's great to have this Forum. We may not be that active, but it is nice to have a place to connect. Hope to hear from everyone soon.

gneegirl

o

I visit here every day, but don't have much to say when there is nothing to reply to. Estrangements seem to be the main topic and enough is enough. It's much like pouring salt in a wound. The best advice my mom ever gave me was to "get your mind on something positive, don't dwell on the negative." It was hard to do sometime, but it does work.

I am still progressing with therapy for my arm. They did measurements last Friday and I have been sore ever since. They kept saying a little more, a little more, I will not let them do that to me next time. It's okay if it is therapy, but not just for a good report card for them.

I am going to Branson, Mo Tuesday for a couple of nights. I will see the Oak Ridge Boys and ride the tram through Dogwood Canyon. Next month I am going to Chicago for 7 days. We will stop in St Louis for a night at the Drury Inn across from Union Station, that should be fun. Then there will be 4 nights at the Four Points Sheraton Hotel in Chicago. I think will see the Mary Poppins show and a lot of museums and dinner/dancing on a cruise boat and see the city lights. should be fun.

o

OK Stargazzer - you didn't put all of this on the other post. I'm so jealous. I lived in Chi-town for almost a year and miss it terribly. There was always something to do. I stayed in Lincolnshire, in a hotel suite, so I was about 20 minutes from the city. I did venture out a few weekends - even went to Dog Beach, of all places. When I got back to the hotel, I watched the News, only to find out about Dog Beach (never knew it existed, and who would!), and that some bacteria had been found there, and it would be closed for a few days. I also love Mary Poppins - wish I could be there for that. Have some fun for me, will ya!

I'm so happy your shoulder is getting better. I know that's been pretty depressing. But it sounds like you are improving pretty well. I hope they are much nicer about you next measurement tests. I actually stopped my therapy after about 6 mos because I wasn't getting any better and the treatments and test became unbearable. I think I made the right decision though - it's better, but I still have to be careful.

Anyway, you have fun on your trip. I'm sure you need a get-away after been such a trooper with your shoulder.

Take care all,

gneegirl

o

gneegirl, thanks for your reply. I just got back from Branson, MO today. I am not a show person, even on the cruises I don't go to the shows, but I saw a show this time that knocked my socks off and everyone in the audience. It was a group called SIX. They are six brothers who sing and pop jokes that made me laugh like I haven't laughed in years. This is their second year in Branson and they were voted Best newcomers the first year and the second year they were voted BEST. Best over all of those stars that are making millions there and have been for years. For those of you that haven't heard of them they sing with no band or back up, but you hear drums and instruments and a tambourine. They do it all with their mouths. I have never seen an audience so involved as this audience was. Awesome. I bought a photo of them which they autographed and I shook their father's hand and congratulated him on the success of his sons. They told hilarious jokes, the running joke was about their hair. The youngest brother still has a full head of hair and he was always running his hand over it when one of his brother got smart with him. Finally one of the bald brothers said "look at me" and slapped his own bald head, then he said, "this is your future". One of the brothers had a bald spot on his head, the remaining was about 3 inches long and he had it sticking straight up. He said one lady in the audience said "you have a Chia head". One brother came down in the audience and asked a guy if he wanted to be part of the show to go down front and wait. Then the brother jumped in his seat, put his arm around the man's wife and started flirting with her. It took the husband awhile to figure what was going on. When he figured it out, he went back, sat down beside the brother, put his arm around him and started flirting with him. He was really a good sport and he had the entertainers laughing as much as the audience.

There are actually 10 boys in their family.

Here is a link that might be useful: SIX

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here