SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
junkyardgirl

Hey, everyone, did you miss me?

junkyardgirl
16 years ago

Well, I'm back for now. I've been so busy trying to build that darned website that I haven't had time to do anything. It's been a pain! I have a lot done, but now I need a new homepage to put it all on.

On the job front, I'm having the surgery for my shoulder injury on the 20th...hopefully! It's scheduled, but between the doctor's staff screwups and the worker's comp hangups, it's been a nightmare. Here it is the 16th, and I'm not sure it's really happening yet. I'm tired of putting it off. I'm ready to be well!

On the physical front, the constant walking at my "light duty" job is tearing up my knees. I'm in so much pain sometimes I can't sleep, and can't go to work. I'm ready to give it up! I seriously don't know if I'm going back to that job or not. I've got 8 weeks after the surgery for rehab, so I'm going to talk to a lawyer and see what he thinks.

On the love front, no love matches, but I did go out again with the nice guy I went out with before. It's been a long time since that first date, because we had some miscommunications about what each of us is about, I guess you could say. Well, I didn't give up. I decided to keep him as a friend, and we went out the other night again. We had a lovely time, and I'm hoping to see him again, although I haven't heard from him since then. He did say he would come help me out after my surgery, so we'll see.

On the home front, I'm trying desperately to get this nasty place cleaned up and liveable before the surgery. I was going to have a friend move in with me, but that didn't work out, but it may still. Just don't really know where I'm at until the surgery and all.

On the financial front, I'm still broke and my a/c went out on my old, decrepit car, so I don't know what to do about that. It gets hot pretty quickly here in S. Florida, and the car isn't worth putting the money into to fix the a/c. I need another car, but I can't really afford the payments or insurance, so I'm sort of in a bad place. I've seriously thought of trying to work for myself, doing like "trash to treasure" stuff that I pick up off the side of the road and redo, and also selling plants out of my back yard. That, plus trying to sell a few things on the website might keep me going with a part time job somewhere within walking distance.

So major changes going on here. It will either get better or worse, who knows?

What's going on with you guys?

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!