SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
timelessrogue

So ... read any good books lately?

timelessrogue
18 years ago

So ... read any good books lately? I don't know if there is a thread going on ths subject but I sure couldn't find one!

I've just gotten back from strolling through Northshire's bookstore with my morning coffee ... this day I got by easy! Somehow I can never get out of a bookstore empty handed! The same held true today but I think I did pretty well for five bucks: I made off with a brand new copy of the English translation of Jurgen Dahl's classic 'The Curious Gardener'. What a score! This book contains his last three works: 'The Curious Gardener' from 1998, 'The Stinking Garden' from 1997 and 'How to Eat a Lily' from 1995. He died in October of 2001 at the age of 72 but fortunately for us his work lives on, courtesy of his wife.

I am so looking forward to getting into his essays about the essence of gardens and the effect they can have on our lives ...

If this book goes like others have, I will be days finishing it ... days when I will be bathed but not shaven with a cup of coffee or tea in front of me as I become totally absorbed by his writings ... see you all later ...

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH