SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
berain

Fashion Assistance Please

berain
20 years ago

I posted this on the KT as well... hope you don't mind me repeating it here...

A little background first... I work for a major law firm (8th largest in the US) and there's a large firm meeting coming up in April. As part of their Continuing Legal Education department - guess who gets to go?!

Anyway - there's a black tie dinner on Saturday night and I just found out that I'm expected to attend.

I haven't been to a black tie event since I was 9 years old and attended a dinner/show/dancing event where the entertainment was Guy Lombardo!

So, I have some questions and need some advice.

1) I have a knee length dark navy blue dress - jewel neck, short sleeves... is this appropriate for black tie? I've worn it to weddings and my father's funeral. I'd wear dark stockings and navy slingback heels.

2) I've got some pretty sterling chandelier earrings - hoping to maybe find a necklace to match/coordinate...

3) Or perhaps an elegant scarf to accessorize...

4) Wondering if I should wear my hair up or down...

So - to assist in the advice - I've got a simple webpage to look at...

Feel free to critique - or whatever... I'm looking to make a good impression as I'll be demonstrating a new third party software system during this 4-day event too. Need to sell the upper management and partners that their money will be well spent.

Thanks all for any advice.

Barbara_Tampa

(Is March 21st too early to get nervous!?)

P.S. - if you're really bored... feel free to browse the rest of my website at http://home.tampabay.rr.com/brain001

Here is a link that might be useful: All Lawyer Meeting 2004

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm