Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A short rant

Posted by tinmantu (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 1, 08 at 23:54

My daughter has been working on her wedding for the last 8 months....since that time, I've purchased a wedding dress for her, set up the hall for the reception and banked money for more "what-ifs" ....last weekend, the grooms family wants a meeting. Now the latest scenario is everybody goes to Vegas and splits the cost between the folks....I could care less about Vegas, I work too hard for my money to gamble..hell, I don't even play the lottery....KC wants to get married in Colorado since she was born there, so I sent her some links. I guess this was the wrong week to quit smoking, cause it isn't working.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A short rant

on a good note, I did find a nice monitor cleaning program will doing a search for cleaning up my life.

Here is a link that might be useful: Free Screen Cleaner

o

What does your DD want? I am with you Michael, Vegas does not interest me one bit. Been there, done that, and do not gamble or buy lottery tickets myself. Of course, if your DD wants to go, how could you not be there to support her.

Hey, that screen cleaner really works, and it's free, lol!

o

Oh, Honey - you have sure been through it with KC - darned it! Can you return the dress and get your deposit back on the reception hall? Did Dee have a hand in this fiasco? Like Eloise says, how can you NOT support KC, but is this really what KC wants? Whose idea was this? You poor baby - I am as exasperated as you are right now!

o

KC wants to get married in Colorado, where she was born... she isn't interested in Vegas either...she calls it Sin City..heh......Sent her options to a Gazebo in the middle of a lake in Green Mountain Falls, or Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs....She really likes Garden of the Gods...now she just has to inform the in-laws to be, I guess. I think she can still use her dress in the ceremony. It's non-returnable, custom tailored....I'm holding off on trying to get the deposit on the hall back, as plans have changed almost as often as our crazy weather here.

o
A short rant

found an OTC drug to solve all my problems

Here is a link that might be useful: OTC Drug

o

Michael, I thought you had already tried this drug, and decided you liked Rum better - hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm, never tried either one, but whatever kills the pain, I guess - none of it does you any good - only harms ya.

o

Just a stab a humor, Jo....I do the hard stuff once in a blue moon....I prefer a cold beer as my beverage of choice. If my kid doesn't get off the fence soon, I may try that though. Photobucket

o

Well, the video was great - I giggled, but it brought back sad memories.

o
rant

I'm sorry that it did, Jo...that was not my intent. I only want you to smile....I'll try harder next time.

o

For many yrs have been a lurker on the single forum and have enjoyed ur rants and was sad that you took a involuntarily absence of leave awhile back!!
For the record I'm a guy (married twice) and when it comes to weddings, the groom should (better) realize the wedding is ALL about the BRIDE!!! Bride is happy, the groom is happy, simple as that!!

o
RE: rant

welcome airforceguy!....I agree...there's an old saying that goes something like "if momma isn't happy, nobody's happy"....feel free to stop lurking and drop in more often.

o

Michael, my Dear - it was NOT your fault - it was a jerk-knee reaction.

Airforceguy, like Michael said - come back often - there are some lovely single people on this forum, and we welcome your input!

o

Airforceguy - your name sounds familiar.

Sorry you're having problems about the wedding Michael.

o

Airforceguy, that's exactly what I was going to say. It's the bride's day. I can't even imagine having inlaws who want their kid to be married in Las Vegas! OMG!

o

I'm a firm believer in elopement...

o

What kind of wedding is it anyway if the bride isn't the one calling the shots????? Unless the groom's family is paying fro everything, they are only supposed to shut up and show up!!

Hang in there Michael - see if you can have a talk with your daughter to try to convince her to speak with her future in-laws, or at least with the groom. It is too early in the game for his family to be calling all the shots. OMG, what happens if they have a disagreement or something - will his family decide the outcome?? Come on - this is not good. Hopefully your daughter will be able to speak up and have her wedding and not attend theirs (the one they planned for her).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here