SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tinmantu

Post it here....How was your day?...part tu

Tinmantu
20 years ago

Wanted to keep WalksAlone's great idea for a thread title going since it made it to 100 in a short period of time....tell us about your day, no matter how boring or mundane that you think it may have been....sometimes it's just nice to vent to the computer screen...

My day was rather quiet, spent a couple hours talking to a friend in Arizona on the phone and kicking back and watching a DVD tonight....how was your day?

Comments (101)

• chargreen
    20 years ago

I want to add my get well wishes for CarrieB. I haven't been at the computer at home much as the "hot rod" computer is now up and running and I'm still trying to learn all of the new super duper improvements that I paid for! Also my teenage son's Father (the nicest word I can use for him) reappeared last weekend and took him to spend the weekend. I spent most of last weekend worrying and this week being upset with myself for letting him making me worry. This weekend will be for relaxing!

• walksalone
    20 years ago

Well, I am impressed. A man that can make meatloaf! Yum! Sounds like you are ready, Tinmantu.

JC, are you going to disconnect from the internet, ie, cancel, webtv, or just the subscription to GW/THS? You can still post to the non paying forums. For me, I have choosen this over cable or satellite. I wished I had a shopping gene!

Chargreen, wishing you a relaxing weekend. Join in often.

And CarrieB, again, wishing you healing thoughts and a quick recovery.

• Related Discussions

Post your Winter Photos (Garden & other) - Part 2

Q

Comments (31)
    Wow, what a difference Franeli! Isn't it amazing to think that big pile of snow will be a lovely garden in a few months. Claire, no snow persons here but plenty of snow! Come to think of it, we have had nearly continuous snow cover since December 2. Unusual winter that way. I haven't seen much of the garden beds for awhile. I will be really ready for Spring and bulbs and things when it comes. Last Sunday morning, I was able to snap a picture of the bird feeding area and the evergreens with snow on them before it all melted. You can see the a couple feeders, the corner of my house, and all the evergreens and shrubs the birds can hang out in.
    ...See More

Post Your 2011 Tomato Pictures, Part 1

Q

Comments (44)
    I started most of my seeds Jan. 4. I transplanted this year on 2/24, two weeks earlier than last year. It's been pretty mild with only one light frost and a lot of 80's/60's days the last week or so. My first fruit is on my first container plant, which I thought was a Bloody Butcher, but since Bloody Butcher is a potato leaf variety, this is a mystery plant. The seeds were given to me so I won't complain and the plant is setting fruit nicely too. Most of my in-ground plants are putting out their first blooms. I'm growing 30 plants(many colors and sizes) this year, 6 of which are at a church garden. I live in the DFW area. Happy growing, Pete
    ...See More

Post Your 2010 Tomato Pictures, Part 4

Q

Comments (61)
    Rosarama, im in no way taking credit for this growing medium, I learned about it on this forum. Its strickly for containers for what I know about it. The man that came up with it to my knowledge is Al Tapla. 5 parts pine bark, ground up cut up or whatever is done to it till its the average size of a dime. 1 part coarse perlite 1 part peat 2 cups dolimite, 1 cup of pro max minors, 2 cups of slow release fertilizer I mix every thing in a 36 gal container, a little at a time. I believe its the best thing since sliced bread. Look up and study Als mix. If your serious about growing maters in containers you should learn about Als mix, it would save you a lot of heart ache, and make you much more successful in growing in containers. Plant em if you got em. Sam
    ...See More

Post Your 2009 Tomato Pics (Part 8)

Q

Comments (67)
    Hopefully in a week or two I'll have some nice pics of ripe tomatoes lining my kitchen counter. For now, I've harvested about 6 Stupices, 3 Bush Goliaths, 2 Isis Candies, and 10 Red Currants. Not quite exciting enough for a group photo. ;) My Opalkas are the most monstrous plants I've ever grown. One is 7' tall 60 days after being set out in the garden, and these plants are thick and bushy. They're putting on quite a few fruit now, so I'm not worried that there over-fertilized. Just ridiculously vigorous. Stupice has been producing for me, and I have good-sized green fruit on Earl's Faux, Kellogg's Breakfast, Orange Russian, Giant Belgium and Black from Tula. The Opalka plants: Some Opalka fruit - probably 2 weeks to ripe on these. Red Currant in a container - loaded with trusses of blooms and some branched trusses with up to 30 fruit: Fruit load on my Stupice:
    ...See More
  • Tinmantu
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Walks, I make a lot more than meatloaf....every bachelor should know how to do that....but does every bachelor know how to do butterfly chops stuffed with broccoli and cheese?...heh....that's what I had for dinner tonight...very good and don't tell my company that I know how to do that, please... :)
    Char, glad to see you made it back...hope you get that new computer figured out and we get to see more of you around here...sounds like you are ready for a relaxing weekend after the last week ...enjoy!!
    Last but not least, jc....you better not ditch out on us!!..If it's just left up to Walks to keep me in line, who knows what might happen...and it will be all on you! ...Cut up the credit card and half the internet problem is solved..heh...hope you stick around...I enjoy your posts.
    Thanks Walks and jc for the well wishes regarding moms B-day....I just hope I am as rambunctious as she is when I am 85 ;)

• walksalone
    20 years ago

Goodnight all. Except, now I am hungry. Meatloaf, butterfly chops with brocoli and cheese........gotta go to the store.

• Tinmantu
    Original Author
    20 years ago

LOL....nite Walks

• walksalone
    20 years ago

Good Afternoon, what are you doing?

I am paying bills, doing taxes, and laundry. Exciting!

Don't most people think as you are single, that you are out, kicking up your heels, having a good time and they aren't?

• Tinmantu
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Well I got called out today....turned out to be an older lady with just a pilot out and had to clean it up a bit....took a whole 15 minutes but she invited me for coffee and cookies and we ended up chatting for almost an hour (no, I wasn't on the clock for the coffee and the chat and I won't even tell the boss about it...call it a freebie)
    All in all, a very enjoyable afternoon...just goes to show there are a lot more single people out there that don't even have a computer that enjoy the company of another person

• Carrie B
    20 years ago

Thanks everyone, for your words of concern. I've been staying off the computer more than usual, but it was nice to come on and see that I was being thought (and "talked") about.

I'm doing OK. Getting there and trying to figure out when I should go back to work and if/how to pursue a lawsuit. I'm pretty achy, move like a much older woman, but getting better daily. I'm told that my biggest long-term risk is from the intracranial(sp?) bleeding, that I may have memory/concentration issues for a long time.

My family is really coming through for me, as is the new BF.

• Tinmantu
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery Carrie...I would, by all means, pursue the legal aspects if there is ANY chance that this could have any effect on your life later on down the road. That's coming from someone that hates the "sue happy" society that we live in today.. but if you have medical fact to back it up, then talk to an attorney.....Take care and keep us posted on your progress, please.

• Tinmantu
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Well this is the big family weekend starting up here shortly....fortunately a plan has been made for a meal, my daughter made a surprise visit back and half of the visitors have deferred until next weekend for a visit for various reason...Next weekend will be one of the few Saturdays that I will have to work in over 2 years as I am installing a new system in a bank and Saturdays are the best day to get in there and make a mess, heh
    Hope everybody has a great weekend and I'll look in on Sunday or Monday in hopes that I'm not just talking to myself on here these days.

• walksalone
    20 years ago

Wishing you a great weekend, Tinmantu. Surprise, from daughter! Hmmm. You have done well. Enjoy.

• jessiecarole
    20 years ago

Yes, tinman. Have a good time.

Walks, I think you jinxed me. My webtv is leaving out a lot of letters. Maybe I just need new batteries. Editing is a pain in the butt.

It has been a lazy week. Me and dogs are piled up watching tv. Tomorrow is a workday. CarrieB, please check in and let us know how it goes.

hope Spring brings you all fine weather

jc

• Tinmantu
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Whew.....there is only one thing nicer than having company for the weekend....and that's seeing company going home...heh....had a great time, good food and got to pitch some horseshoes on a beatiful day yesterday...time to relax now and get ready for the upcoming week...going to be a toughie

• walksalone
    20 years ago

Yes, JC, change the batteries first. My first before it really went. I know where to get another keyboard, if you need.

Ahhhh, peaceful weekends, or more to look forward to, Tinmantu.

Hoping a great week to all! And still wishing CarrieB, healing thoughts.

• Carrie B
    20 years ago

Thanks for you wishes, all. My sister was here this weekend, cleaning, cooking and organizing my house. I've appear to be really working this injury...

Went with sis to the Manet exhibit at the art museum yesterday, and got pushed around in a wheelchair. Interesting perspective. People are looking ahead and don't really notice you until you bump into their lower legs by accident.

Tomorrow, I go to work for a few hours. My first foray back to work since the accident. I haven't driven yet. Think I'll stick with the bus, for now.

Mike, I know what you mean about company going home...I'm enjoying my clean house, but looking forward to letting it slide a bit.

• jessiecarole
    20 years ago

oh CarrieB.....Manet! There is an exhibit at the new Frist in Nasville that I am salivating to see. Renoir, Van Gogh, Cezanne. I will go!

Glad your weekend was a success tinman. I bet your mama was ecstatic. You have weekend part 2 coming up, don't you?

Yes, Walks. I will change the batteries. Part of the problem is the dog door, the cold weather, and the fact that I turn the heat off when I leave for the weekend. I don't guess a real computer would survive in this climate. Woohoo webtv! Have you heard that they are testing a new product? Gives me hope.

So, did you sample the vanilla, Walks? ~grin~

my advice to our CarrieB: ~laughing~ milk it, girl! and more seriously, take it easy until you feel 100% again.

• Tinmantu
    Original Author
    20 years ago

No more big weekends for me for a while...yes more company is coming in next weekend but I will be working out of town and will miss out on seeing them....no slight to the ones next week but I was happy to have the weekend with the clan that showed up this last weekend....different personalities and different ways of having fun because of generation gap, I guess....mom had blast with all the attention and now she'll have another weekend to look forward to.
    The weekend wore me out and I was in bed by 8:15 last night....haven't done that since I was a kid..lol
    I'm going to look for the vanilla absolut next time I head to the store jc...flavored liquor is nice for sipping as I always keep a pint of Captain Morgans in the freezer. (strictly for medicinal purposes, of course)

• walksalone
    20 years ago

Knock, knock...

• berain
    20 years ago

Who's there?

• Tinmantu
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Who's there?

• chargreen
    20 years ago

Me taking way too long to post a message on another thread.

Who else is there/here?

• walksalone
    20 years ago

Caught ya!!!

• Tinmantu
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Yep, now what are you going to do now that you caught us?

• berain
    20 years ago

Hand cuffs could be fun.... hmmmmm.

• chargreen
    20 years ago

Shhh! We are hiding in the photo gallery, don't tell anyone!

• Tinmantu
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Handcuffs would work....as long as the are fur wrapped or plastic...otherwise I'd have a phobia....Stephen Kings book called Geralds Game gave me the willies about metal cuffs

• walksalone
    20 years ago

Ok, to get back on track...I was just checking since nothing was going on. And lo and behold, in the photograph section, we have handcuffs and.... well I leave it for you to read. So I would set you free!

Nothing new, continue on.

• Tinmantu
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Just a little back and forth humor, Walks....I am just relaxing today since I had to work Sat....going to do a little laundry and call a friend that I hadn't heard from for 4 years until the other night...she took a stab in the dark and sent me an ICQ message wondering if I was still alive...LOL...I'm going to tell her about TSL and see if she wants to join in. Sounds like she is a confirmed single like me so she might like a place to vent.

How'd the pizza party go yesterday, char?....I forgot to suggest 10 valiums for the kids instead of one for you..heh
    Hope everyone's having a great weekend

• walksalone
    20 years ago

I just learned the appropriate phrase to describe my status. "Confirmed single." LOL, thanks Tinmantu.

Might be an idea for another thread?
    What does it mean? LOL.

• Tinmantu
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Being firmly set in ones ways or inveterate. Might be an interesting thread Walks...good idea...shall I start it to see how many others there are out there or would you like to?

• walksalone
    20 years ago

You have tickled my funny bone, and I got out the dictionary.

Inverterate=habitual, firmly established.

LOL, Amen!

Could lead to quite a discussion!

All yours.

• chargreen
    20 years ago

I survived the birthday party. I must have hit the lucky day when the service was great and the noise level was lower than usual. The other parents even commented how it seemed quieter than usual and everything was running smoothly. Mr. Birthday Boy had a sugar hangover this morning but quickly recovered to be able to go over to a friends house to play. I ended up staying and having a nice visit with the Mom. It got me thinking along the lines of being a confirmed single. I'll continue that discussion next.

• Tinmantu
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Ok, I needed a vent thread and this looked like a good one...heh....Summer isn't even here yet and my work is crazy (unusually warm spring temp...thanks global warming!)...normally 1 hour lunches at home but only half hour ones on the road if I am lucky as of late...the body's draggin, cuts on my hands and I can't relax and have that Absolut that I purchased last weekend because I have to get up and do it all over again tomorrow....Calgon take me away!!....Watch out this weekend, I may be in an Absolut ranting mood....Hope everyone else is having a more relaxing week.

• walksalone
    20 years ago

Well, Chargreen, I havent seen your contribution to the "confirmed single" thread. Did I kill it? LOL!

Sorry, Tinmantu, that business is good. Better now than when its 100 degrees and 100% humidity? I look forward to your Absolut rant!

Going to get a big project dumped on my lap tomorrow. Meeting, conference calls, legal. Drats. I was going to take vacation on Friday. Not with this breathing down my neck. Hope for more beautiful days in a couple of weeks.

Wishing all a good week and weekend.

• chargreen
    20 years ago

I'm in the "confirmed single" thread, in the middle you must have missed me. I do wonder where everyone else went. Still waiting for Barbara's picture. I see she was posting a little but no pictures! I haven't had much computer time at home this week besides I've been too tired after work anyway. Tinmantu, it's been sunny and in the 80's here all week. I think our 5 minutes of Texas spring is about over! Hope your week is getting better.
    Two more days of work until the weekend!

• Tinmantu
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Walks, you must have been secretly hitting the Absolut to have missed her post....that your browser isn't refreshing every time you go to a page....Tomorrow is FRIDAY!!!....I am going to survive after all...I was beginning to wonder, after the first two days of the week, but I seem to have gotten my second wind after going to bed early last night....I'll still do the Absolut and see if I can come up with a good rant for you, Walks....Hope nobody minds if my typing comes out like yours did when you had a broken keyboard. :)

• jessiecarole
    20 years ago

my Absolut experience is that you can type with no problem....it just takes a few days to get up enough nerve to come back online

;-)

• walksalone
    20 years ago

JC, good to see you, and again, LOL.

Tinmantu, I thought, I was going to work this weekend, and not be here. I missed a few, webtv does not have refresh. I can either look at all entries or command down to the bottom. When thread becomes more than ten, it is hard to read all.

I am off to the yard, the first mowing of the year, clean the flower beds, and trim and prune and.... If I am alive later, I'll join you in some absolut or for me, chardonnay.

• Tinmantu
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Hope you didn't work too hard today, Walks...we are getting up in numbers on this thread so another one is going to have to be started soon....decisions, decisions....should I be a turd (or turdess) like walks and post away so that someone else starts part 3?.....(shaking the magic Absolut bottle for an answer)

• walksalone
    20 years ago

Not there yet. Part III. Or who ever is creative.

I cannot believe I watched the basketball, I, of course wanted to see OSU win, :(

Or can help with a little chardonnay, and your absolut!

• Tinmantu
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Yeah that game sucked....I am a Kansas fan first but a big 12 fan second...I hoped they would pull it off...it was a game of whoever had the ball last was going to win.

• walksalone
    20 years ago

I dont feel like being a "turd."
    You?

• Tinmantu
    Original Author
    20 years ago

No I would

• Tinmantu
    Original Author
    20 years ago

never