Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Photo of a happy camper

Posted by jonesy (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 26, 08 at 22:52

Hi guys, thought I would share this with you, I smile every time it comes up on my screen saver......My husband took this picture as soon as I got home from Botswana. Look at the grin on my face. I was going through my luggage and showing him what HE bought me on my trip. It's hard to see, but I am holding a sculpture of two giraffes.

Here is a link that might be useful: 1996

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Photo of a happy camper

Isn't it great to have an adventure that can last your entire life just by remembering it? Thanks jonesy for sharing your photo.

o

That is nice - take a closeup shot of those giraffs - I love sculptures of animals! Thanks for sharing with us.

o

Thanks for your response to my post. Unfortunately when I moved the giraffes were broken. They were made out of soap stone and were very fragile. That was my first adventure and it will always be my favorite. There were only 7 of us and it made it much more personal. I re-read my journals occasionally and still find it hard to believe I was there.

o

Kay, here are a couple photos for you, I took these in Kenya

Kenya

One of my favorites

o

They are magnificent - I've seen them in the zoo, but would love to see them roaming in their natural habitat - thanks for showing them to all of us who probably will never experience such a wonderful adventure!

o

I have one more that I want you to see when I can find it. I sent a copy to our local newspaper and it was published in the travel section.

o

jonesy, THANK YOU!

Those are truly great shots. There is really something mystical yet warm about all animals. Giraffes are just amazing - as well as zebras. I love BIG cats too. Just knowing that these pics were REAL pics, as Eloise mentioned, from the real world and not from the zoo, makes them all the more magnificent.

Thanks again!

o

thought you all might like to see this photo. I took it in Aruba, we were touring, we turned a corner and this is what we saw.
It was not our ship. I love the size comparison to the buildings.

Wow

o

Thanks for sharing. You are so fortunate to be able to travel lots! Wow, that is a huge ship!

o

WOW - now that's a BIG ship!

o

thanks for replying and it is a big ship. Ours was the Island Princess and the Panama Canal people call it the Princess Max, because it is the largest ship that can go through the canal. When you look down there is no room to spare between the ship and the canal.

o

WOW, that thing is so big I had to do a double-take!! What an amazing shot. It really does look like a part of the landscape - another hotel builing. What an experience. I'm sure you enjoyed your ship too - being that much of the talk of the town. Thanks for sharing, from all over the world, at that!!

gng

o

Good morning guys, just got up and finished my morning routine. I had a great time on the ship. I saw my Sis this week and told her about my trip. She something about cruising, was just sitting around doing nothing. I told her all of my adult life I have waited on other people, feeding them, cleaning up after them, etc..silly of me to tell you women that because you know how it is. Even though I lived the life I wanted, doing nothing on the ship and being cared for was an unexpected bonus. The staff treating me like royalty was kind a nice............ahhhhh

o

jonesy, it is nice to be pampered sometimes :-)

o

Wow, that DOES sound wonderful - how much did you say it costs to be allowed to do nothing and be pampered like that? LOL

o

My cruise was around $3,500. but that included air fare, cancellation insurance, a window room and some fees. I received a Princess brochure today about panama canal trips as low as $1,199 for a 10 day trip. I don't think that includes the things I listed above, it may include the fees. If you live anywhere in Florida you would save the air fare. Here is a tip for those who cruise. When you travel on a Princess ship, they charge $10 a day to your CC for tipping. The first thing I did when I boarded was go to the Pursers office and tell them not to do that. I want to be in charge of my tips, I will not tip someone I don't see. That's a lot of money if you have a spouse.

o
RE: Photo of a happy camper123

My cruise was around $3,500. but that included air fare, cancellation insurance, a window room and some fees. I received a Princess brochure today about panama canal trips as low as $1,199 for a 10 day trip. I don't think that includes the things I listed above, it may include the fees. If you live anywhere in Florida you would save the air fare. Here is a tip for those who cruise. When you travel on a Princess ship, they charge $10 a day to your CC for tipping. The first thing I did when I boarded was go to the Pursers office and tell them not to do that. I want to be in charge of my tips, I will not tip someone I don't see. That's a lot of money if you have a spouse.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here