SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
junkyardgirl

Surgery...YUK!

junkyardgirl
16 years ago

I'm going to have to have arthroscopic surgery. I'm not looking forward to it. Everyone who has had it says it's horrible. I haven't had one person tell me it was easy. I don't know when it will be yet, but I'm sort of scared.

Comments (13)

• gneegirl
    16 years ago

Hey Kid - put away the fears. We are all here with you. Ask the Dr if you can do anything to prepare - I've heard that helps sometimes. Just think though, if you bahave yourself afterwards, you should feel better, and do better. That's a good thing!!

Keep us posted on the details. In the meantime, I'm sending up prayers that you and the surgeon will do just fine.

hugs to ya!!

gng

• eloise_ca
    16 years ago

Hi JYG, my son had that done to his knee that he hurt it in football. There were two small incisions on either side of his knee. They took out 'mouse', i.e., small pieces of bone/cartilage that had broken off during the injury. These small pieces floated around his knee and would get between his knee joints and that really hurt to where his knee would give out. The surgery was a big success. I don't recall him being in terrible pain because they did give him medication. Hang in there and you will be all better soon. God bless.

• junkyardgirl
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks. I just want to be able to work again. I'm so tired of feeling useless, and not being able to do my housework or yardwork the way I should. My house is a pig sty, and my yard looks like something out of Trailer Trash Monthly.

• kayjones
    16 years ago

ROFLMBO at 'Trailer Trash Monthly'!!!

• gneegirl
    16 years ago

Hi all - I was wondering where everyone is this fine Friday evening!

Eloise - what you described abour your son is exactly what is going on with my knee. Surgery helped - hmmm. All I know is that it really hurts every once in a while. That's what was floating around and shifting to the wrong place a few weeks ago when I wanted to cut my knee off (from the pain).

JYG - how are ya holding up, Kid?

• Jonesy
    16 years ago

Get an appointment as soon as you can to get it over with and keep thinking positive.

• kayjones
    16 years ago

Yes, get 'er done - spring is right around the corner, and you will want to work in your flowers.

• Tinmantu
    16 years ago

JYG, I hope the best for you....I've never had it done, but I am a sports fanatic and find it amazing how athletes today can come back and compete a week or two after arthoscopic surgery, whereas 20 years ago they were sidelined for 8 weeks possibly...I just hope you get well.

• eloise_ca
    16 years ago

jyg and gng, what's the latest? Did either of you have surgery? If so, I hope you are healing quickly. Blessings.

• kayjones
    16 years ago

Ladies, where are you? More importantly, HOW are you?

• bones-hobby2007
    16 years ago

junkyardgirl you don't need to be afraid of Arthroscopy surgery. I am a theatre sister and I work with orthopedic surgeons and we do these every week. The sugery takes half an hour and you are given local in the knee so recovery is gentle with no pain. Have trust in your surgeon and if your knee is unbearable and restricts your lifestyle then just go for it.
    Best of luck girl.

• eloise_ca
    16 years ago

jyg, how are you doing? Take to heart what bones-hobby said.

• lucy
    16 years ago

"Theatre sister" = Operating room nurse.

Sponsored