Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote of the Day...

Posted by berain (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 18, 04 at 20:46

OK, I'll start. I get one emailed to me every day... today's isn't especially inspiring to me, but here it is any way... others - please feel free to add!

Barbara_Tampa

A handful of patience is worth more than a bushel of brains.

- Dutch proverb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote of the Day...

It maybe true in some circumstances, depends on what you have to endure!

I find my patience is less now than when I was younger. Am I just getting "mature"?

And the bushels of brains...Last Friday the 13th, I argued with a sheriff. I was stopped for improper lane turning. He turned left on red, when I had the green arrow. I won. With a warning.

Patience doesnt mean sit back and let others run over. It means are you willing to wait an outcome, caused by others or yourself?

o

Good job Barbara...I was going to get it going tonight if someone else hadn't of....(I had such a good title too, to rattle Walks chain....oh well, next thread)

Ok, Here are a cluster from one man that I have read about and admire, Charles F. Kettering

PS. If you think you have none to add, you can follow the source at the bottom of this rant and maybe find someone that catches your eye. That's how I got so many at once. :)
(just be sure to give credit where credit is due if you do take if from someones site.)
PSS. char, I think I have the same calendar but I start on December 31 and work my way backward at my my age.. heh...you start on Jan 1 and we'll both have new material until July, if this tread lasts that long
On to the quotes...

"You can't have a better tomorrow, if you are thinking about yesterday all the time"

"Teach educated people to fail intelligently, for failing is one of the greatest arts in the world."

"Research is an organized method for keeping you reasonably dissatisfied with what you have."

"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."

"The world hates change, yet it is the only thing that has brought progress."

"Believe and act as if it were impossible to fail."

"A man must have a certain amount of intelligent ignorance to get anywhere."

"An inventor fails 999 times, and if he succeeds once, he's in. He treats his failures simply as practice shots."

"Every time you tear a leaf off a calendar, you present a new place for new ideas and progress."

"I have never heard of anyone stumbling on something while sitting down."

"Every great improvement has come after repeated failures. Virtually nothing comes out right the first time. Failures, repeated failures, are finger posts on the road to achievement. One fails forward toward success."

"There exist limitless opportunities in every industry. Where there is an open mind, there will always be a frontier."

"It is not what we know that is important, it is what we do not know."

"It doesn't matter if you try and try and try again, and fail. It does matter if you try and fail, and fail to try again."

Here is a link that might be useful: Source of these quotes and many others

o
Good one

WalksAlone said...."Patience doesnt mean sit back and let others run over. It means are you willing to wait an outcome, caused by others or yourself?"
Off the cuff quotes by an individual are sometimes the best....good one!

o

"love is the only possible solution to the problem of human existence"

erich fromm

I am slogging through Bridges Not Walls again in the hope of polishing my communication skills. Unfortunately, I have burned the bridge and I am using the bricks from the wall to pelt anyone getting close to the other side ~grin~

here is a quote from jc:

"too much work and too little sleep will make you too tired to enjoy the extra money"

;-)

jc

o

Woke up this morning feeling like this....

You know you're getting older when your joints do a better job of weather forecasting than National Weather Service meteorologists.

Janet

o

LOL, jc....I'll be sure to keep an eye out for falling bricks....as far as your personal quote, amen to that..I don't recall the exact quote to credit but it's something like "A rich man never lies on his death bed saying that he wished he'd spent more time at work"

o

If I had my life to live over... I'd dare to make more mistakes next time.

- Nadine Stair

o

"The reason that people blame things on previous generations is that there is only one other choice"
-Doug Larson

o

"Many people think that if they were only in some other place, or had some other job, they would be happy. Well, that is doubtful. So get as much happiness out of what you are doing as you can and don't put off being happy until some future date."
-Dale Carnagie

o

"Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity."
-Henry VanDyke

o

"The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you"
-John E. Southard

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here