SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mary11_gw

Help me with my single women friends-long

mary11
19 years ago

I am not single, have been married with a child for 15 years and I am happy. But I do have two single girlfriends that I've been best friends with for 20 years or more (we are in our mid-forties). Both of these women are very attractive, college degreed professionals who both own their own homes and have excess income to travel on, etc. For the last 10 years, I've heard the war-stories of their dating adventures, but I am now thinking that they are single because they want to be. Both have these incredible expectations (guy must have lots of money, well-educated, ivy league preferred, with many "interesting" friends, own a pricey house in CA, no divorce or kids etc.) They look for this and find it, yet something is wrong with every single one of these "no baggage" men who are available. Instead, they hook up with guys who are recently divorced or going through it, lots of younger men (at least 10 years), guys from europe or the middle east, who of course want a relationship with them but don't want to marry them, and guys who have steady girlfriends and want something on the side. I have been a good friend to them in listening and whatnot, but it's just hard anymore to see them them throw away a really great guy for little or nothing at all, and then complain that they can't sleep at night and are fearful for their futures, alone. For instance, one of these women told me recently that a guy she was dating took her to a very expensive dinner in San Fran at a 5-star pan-asian restaurant, then drinks at a nice jazz bar after that. But then, the guy was still hungry (who wouldn't be if you're a big guy and get the $$ scenic platter), so he stopped by an In and Out Burger at the end of the evening for a shake and a couple of burgers, then went to her house and ate them (she didn't want anything). Yet, it really turned her off, and he is history. Still, this woman (and the other one) constantly complain that they want to get married, etc. endlessly to me, can't find the right guy. I am at my wits end because I think if I tell them the truth, this is going to really end our friendship. Any advice?

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor