Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Favorite Links

Posted by Tinmantu (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 21, 04 at 17:23

A dark and very blustery day here today so I am getting nothing done outside and bored with housework...I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread of our favorite links to pass the time.
Myself, I am a crossword puzzle fanatic and usually do at least 4 before I go to work every morning, so I'll start with that one. Keeps the mind sharp and lets me know if it's going to be a good day or a bad day if it takes me more than 10 minutes to finish one...heh
What do others do when they are surfing on the internet?...Any cool sites to share??

Here is a link that might be useful: Online Crosswords

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Favorite Links

My Valentine! I've seen my Valentine! Handsome devil, too! (and his daughter very pretty!). Nice idea Tinmantu, pity I don't have a camera - or maybe it's just as well. But I look forward to seing some faces attached to names.

o

Thanks Daisy...flattery will get you everywhere. :) But seriously, consider finding a picture of your town or area where you live....Us Yanks are interested in your country, trust me. My daughter (jokingly I think) says that she wants to move to Austrailia and find her a surfer husband...I told her I'd buy her a one way ticket if that's what she really wants to do...lol....it's gotta be cheaper than 4 years of college.

o

Here's another link, to show my hometown (it's rather dull when you live here, but it's home for now)....just one more idea to inspire conversation.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Hometown

o
Another

Another, for any fellow history buffs out there. If we neglect history, it will repeat itself until we get it figured out. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: The Historical Archive

o

Good idea for a thread, Mike!

Craigs list is one of my favorites, but I think it is probably of limited (or no) use for those that don't live in or near a big city.

Here is a link that might be useful: craigs list

o

Here's one that has some fun tests to check out...if someone finds one thats good, post the link and lets post our results...I ain't scared of no ghosts

Here is a link that might be useful: Spark Tests

o

Another favorite website.

Again, could be best for those living in or near a big city. I just posted this morning that I wanted to give away a porch swing that's been in my basement for a couple of years. I got a couple of responses and the first of them will be picking up the swing this afternoon. Pretty cool.

Here is a link that might be useful: Freecycle

o

jc talking about spam on another thread reminded me of emails that I get from people that I know that warn of impending gloom and doom..just type in key words in the "search" line,from the email that you have doubts about to see if it's real or not before forwarding to others, they will think more of you for it, if you don't send them junk.....here's a link to help sort out the bunk from reality...well worth bookmarking.

Here is a link that might be useful: Snopes

o

This is one of the most interesting websites I have seen in a while. This Russian girl rides her bike though the waste lands of Chernobyl and has a quite a few pictures. It gives you an idea of the devasatation that these people went through.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chernobyl

o

This link may be an interesting one to follow Chernobyl. I wanted to share my trip. I took my boys on this cruise during spring break a couple of weeks ago. The trees were blooming in the cliffs along the river and the wildflowers were just starting to really bloom. My pictures were taken on a really cloudy day with my old camera before I got the digital and they look too grainy on the computer. Besides it's someone else's turn for picture of the day. (hint)(hint)

Here is a link that might be useful: Vanishing Texas River Cruise

o

That looks really cool Char....never been to that part of Texas but that looks like a must see if I ever find myself in that part of the country....very reasonably priced too...shoot me one of the better pics via email and maybe I can touch it up and send back at ya.

o

Here's one where police have analyzed the truthfulness of statements issued by famous people that are in hot water legally. Statements by Michael Jackson and Scott Peterson, and JonBenet Ramsey's ransom note, are there among others.

In case the link below doesn't work, the address is statementanalysis.com.

M.

Here is a link that might be useful: Are they telling the truth?

o
RE: Favorite Links, part II

Here's another one, good for when you have time to kill. It's an interactive questionnaire that tells you what your "real age" is, in other words, whether you're doing things to slow down the aging process and by how many months and years.

After you go to the site, click on "Take the free RealAge test." I've found no hidden gimics.

Here is a link that might be useful: What's Your Real Age?

o

Here's one that won't last long but it's good for a chuckle if you read all the way to the bottom....and no I am not the winning bidder as I wasn't on an Absolut spending spree when I saw this

Here is a link that might be useful: Nothing like a single with a sense of humor

o

Thanks for that link I sure needed a laugh today. Exactly why were you looking at wedding dresses on ebay Tinman? Inquiring minds want to know.

o

Looks like the jig is up.....I confess.....I am a lesbian trapped in a mans body....what can I say?...I love women!!

o
But to be serious

I wasn't searching, Char.....a friend sent that to me via email while I was away during the week....a little late getting it in, but glad it made you smile....hope everybody is having a good weekend.....and get that back healed up Walks....that yard isn't going to mow itself!!

o

Hilarious! Tinman, be sure and let us know how it feels to be inside your swishy clothes!

M.

o

Heh....well after seeing what that guy got for a 1200 dollar dress I might just have to model the wedding dress that I inherited from my ex....it was 600 bucks in 1978....hmmmm, wonder how I look in a size 7

o

This one will take your mind off your troubles for a few minutes...I found it FASCINATING!
Lurking June

Here is a link that might be useful: China Winter Photos

o

Nice link Junelynn...thanks....I noticed that after following a couple pages that there were links to other photos that were beautiful....welcome to the board and don't consider yourself a lurker anymore. so I'll just call you June :)

o

are you good enough to enroll??.....I got 15 out of 20...except for typo I should have had a couple more...at any rate...nice brain teasers

Here is a link that might be useful: take the test

o

Har! Tinman, I'm shocked. How did you manage to find the ficticious university in my home state?!

(Did they accept you for enrollment?)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here