Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tgif!

Posted by mimi_boo (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 29, 08 at 16:36

It's Friday - yay!

What are your weekend plans?

Me, I'm going cell phone shopping tonight with my eldest nephew. Tomorrow is massive cleaning and laundry. And Sunday is church, maybe get my mother a pedicure and manicure and then I'm treating my family to dinner out.

Have a good one!
Barbara

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tgif!

Amen to that - it has been a loooong week! Souds like you are going to have a fun weekend though. I have to go into the office at least one of the days this weekend. I also need to clean. I may try to go to the movies or something. I need to start getting out some so that sounds like a good start. Not sure what I'll see - I don't even know what's out there anymore!! I just ordered a new call phone for my sister and she is so excited. I'm going to upgrade mine next month - maybe I'll learn how to do the text message thingy - LOL!!

Happy Friday to you all!

o

Mary, there is a service called Jott.com, to which I belong. It's free - you call the 800#, speak the message you want to text, and Jott will send it to the cell phone for you - it is SO HANDY, because I don't have the patience to sit and type on my cell phone. Check it out.

As for my weekend, I will be bored, unless it stays warm. I have been retired since a week ago last Tuesday, and I am B-ooooo-rrrrr-ed! I went to the senior center today, and will start going there several times a week. I am a Master Gardener, and they want me to teach a gardening class and possibly a beginners computer class.

I may have found my painting classes, too - someone there teaches water color painting. I realize the need to get out and do stuff besides go to thrift stores - I don't need to accumulate any more junk!

o

Jo, I'm sorry, I didn't realize you had retired. Contratulations. I guess you are bored!! But it sounds like you are trying to put your time to good use. I can't wait to retire - i've got more years than i care to think about. But based on what everyone I know tells me about it, I need to start planning for something to do during the day - of course, there's always GW - SLF!!

Master Gardener, huh...; HELP, and I need all that I can get!!

miles of smiles to ya!

gng

o

Thanks, Mary. Yes, plan ahead, to be occupied during the day. When the weather warms up, I won't have any problems occupying my time - it's just now, while it's cold. I guess I had better start preparing to move in 6 months - sell some stuff, give some stuff away, just go through everything.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here